weedstar + USA + customs = ?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by zxzDarkCloudzxz, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ^I'm sure he doesn't mean anything personal, just like when someone is called a f*g, you don't tell them "hey that could be someone in your family one day". Actually I think I am going to start doing that, thanks puffer

/selfrighteouscunt

2. Well here you go guys. I made a draft of the letter im going to send customs. I called this dude from customs on the phone to ask him for advice, but he said hes not allowed to give me legal advice. so I asked which path has the highest sucess rate, giving money, or sending the letter. and he said he cant tell me how to beat the system. to which I replied. dont worry, Im the one thats getting beat, I have no power over whats going on right now.

Lemme know what you guys think.

To whom it may concern.

\t I am filing this petition for relief of seizure of my package being held by customs. I am allowed this right under the Provisions of title 10, United states code, section 1618, and part 171 of CBP regulations (19CFR part 171).
    \tThese are the facts associated with my claim.

Section 863 under Title 21 states
    (d) "Drug paraphernalia'' defined
    The term "drug paraphernalia'' means any equipment, product, or material of any kind which is primarily intended or designed for use in manufacturing, compounding, converting, concealing, producing, processing, preparing, injecting, ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the human body a controlled substance, possession of which is unlawful under this sub chapter. It includes items primarily intended or designed for use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing marijuana,\1\ cocaine, hashish, hashish oil, PCP, methamphetamine, or amphetamines into the human body, such as-- ​
    (f) Exemptions ​
    This section shall not apply to-- ​
    (1) any person authorized by local, State, or Federal law to manufacture, possess, or distribute such items; or ​
    (2) any item that, in the normal lawful course of business, is imported, exported, transported, or sold through the mail or by any other means, and traditionally intended for use with tobacco products, including any pipe, paper, or accessory. ​
    Under the section F of these explanations, its states that there are exemptions when the item in question is traditionally intended for tobacco use.

The glass pipe that has been seized is explicitly sold for and advertised for the purpose of tobacco consumption.

This is the first time customs has seen fit to seize my item, but this is not the first time I have purchased a product from this company. One year ago, another glass pipe from the same company was shipped to me, and cleared by customs.

Attached to this letter you will find a copy of the sticker given by customs clearing my item for entry into our country, as well as the postage receipt from the company that shipped me my item.

Section 863 of title 21 came into effect January 3rd, 2007, and has not changed since. One year ago, customs said the same item from the same company was a “glass pipe” and since the same laws are still in place, I plead that same rational be used once again to clear my seized property which was bought from the same company.

\tThank you for your time in considering my case. And I hope we can all reach a mutually benefiting end for everyone.

3. Ya man, their pieces havevcool features and are realllll affordable.

Your package could still be coming, just wait a little while longer.

Also, I DIDN'T get my piece haha. It "arrived in US customs."

Which basically means it didn't make it to me.

It was more like an eternity of Christmas EVE instead of christmas Day haha.

The anxious night before for months...

I'm ordering a new bong from a US seller, not even a big name or anything, just some normal dude haha. I've lost a lot of faith in over seas packaging.

Sad part is if I would have ordered from Grasscity instead of weedstar.com it might have made it through. The only reason I didn't is cuz they were out of stock for like two weeks. The day after I ordered it came back in stock.

WHACK.

4. Gah read my letter, lol.

I wanna hear some opinions

5. customs said the same item from the same company was a “glass pipe” and since the same laws are still in place, I

that doesnt make much sense
    but other than that its a good start

6. Well what the point i was trying to make with that is.

Customs deemed weedstars products as a legal item one year ago. I have the proof where it is defined as a "glass pipe"

The laws and regulations that were in place, which defined this item, one year ago as a glass pipe, are still in place.

I wanna try to be as clear as precise as possible. so Im open to any revisions if you can help me be more clear.

7. the letter is definitely clear enough as it is. just remember that, by submitting it to customs, you are recognizing that you had knowledge of the seized package and its contents. i dont have a legal background or know anything about the current laws in place regarding this kind of thing, but it seems like they would have enough to prosecute you for purchase of paraphernalia, if you send them the letter. whether you got away with it or not in the past, might be irrelevant if they still deem it to be paraphernalia.

not discouraging or encouraging you, just be careful. good luck and keep tokin' :smoke:

8. I hear ya buddy. America is really a scary place. We've lost alot of rights over the years, and this is one of my concerns also.

Does submitting this letter violate my 5th amendment constitutional rights? Because I know cops here in new york city, can force you to incriminate yourself. Its how the arrest so many blacks and Hispanics for weed charges. And instead of people being out raged. The NYPD just boast about how racist they are in the NY times like its a good thing.

I hope that by referencing the laws themselves, I can show that it is legal to purchase for something advertised for tobacco use only.

And by prooving that I have done this before, it shows that My gov't didnt think I was breaking the law last year, and this was the rational i used to go about making my second purchase

"look, heres the sticker, you, customs, stated this was legal. Thats why Im doing it again."

Hopefully that is made evident in my letter. If you think I didnt, lemme know. Im going to put a revised verision up later with some corrections I've already been givin by some other blades.

9. Kliff, I have been reading about your customs issues for a while ... I really hope this all ends out good...

good luck with it.

10. well i just got a notice that the post office tried to drop of a letter at my house on 4/20 lol. It is probably the letter that says my package got seized. Fuck customs.

11. As much as I hate to say it, you're fighting a losing battle, kliff. Its great to see somebody actually stand up for themselves; most in the same situation just sit back and take it. But, they're going to turn this into a bureaucratic nightmare for you. They'll make the process of getting it back so long and convoluted that at a certain point, you're just going to give up. And if you don't, they're just going to make you run in circles until you eventually do. And remember, just because something cleared customs at one point, doesn't necessarily mean a similar item will clear.

12. and it is infact a WEEDSTAR glass bong which you are trying to get over a border which prohibits marijuana paraphernalia, you might not win on a technicality such as 'tobacco pipe'.

good luck and maybe splurge for some domestic glass next time instead of supporting some other country instead of your failing one to save a quick buck

safe

13. #73 kliff2004, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
    that is my entire argument. So hopefully that isnt the case lol. I.E. since the law didnt change, the same diagnostic criteria that was in place 1 year ago, are in place now, and as such, with no change in the law, the same diagnostic criteria that cleared my first bong, apply to this.

The law needs to change for them to be able to take it.

Or not lol. They are technically holding the bong for ransom, which is considered extortion. "we have your bong, and if you send us money, maybe we will give it to you"

letters in the mail now. so we shall see what happens.

funny enough, I had thought about adding something Referring to the name of "weed star"

Since iM protected by my first constitutional right to freedom of speech and expression, the term "weed" cant be used as an incriminatory term because I have the freedom to say as I want with out fear of persecution.

But I opted out of getting into that because I didnt want to make the letter to long, and I would have to assume that "weed star" was causing the issue.

Which it didnt when I got my Double bubble 2.0 which has "weed star" printed on it anyway.

But we are in a country where words are becoming Illegal, so ..........yeah. I didnt want to bring up my constitutional rights. And the govt doesnt really care for the constitution anyway. We are a war with liba with out consent from the congress, which means Obama essentially also wipes his ass with our constitution.

check out my Itza thread. Its what I got instead of my Smell checker. ^_^

14. Well I ordered my W* tube on the 6th of march, it shipped on the 8th and arrived to me on the far west coast of the US nicely packed in bubble wrap with a nice sticker from customs on it on the 18th of the same month, I was very satisfied and broke it in with some tangerine dream.

I got the tx burner 2.0 ice, the slide was pretty bad though and I don't like that it comes with a carb but I ordered a carb stopper with everything on gc and it works great. But I did also have to buy a glass seamine because people said the hole in the slide was big, and it is, I'm glad I got it. The slide is real thick, but the tube is pretty thin. I picked up a diffused a/c at my lhs and it hits pretty nice. Overall a great buy for $55 until I upgrade from my lhs. Hope everyone enjoys their tube and doesn't encounter problems like kliff. :bongin:

15. well i got my "fuck you" letter from customs. From what the letter says is is not the fact that it says weed on the side of the bong, because the one i ordered just says ws on it. Weed star marked the package as a bong which completely fucks up the whole game. Because it is marked as a bong not a "water pipe" customs will take it every time. I asked weed star what they will do about the matter because it was their negligence that got it seized. If ur a bong company that ships world wide its your job to know the stupid laws. On another note i saw an boxing of weed star video and in the video weed star gave the kid an extra wooden bowl which was shaped like a pot leaf with sun glasses. This is also another reason customs could take it because is it associated with drugs.

16. Did u order from grass city or from the weed star website. Congrats on ur arrival.

17. I should have made mention of this. because there were alot of people that did get there orders -.-;

18. Well shit. I got the messias illusion (also just said "WS") on it. Weedstar is really not helpin me out.

19. Damn Kliff, good going. Looks pro! Good luck, I'm curious to see how it goes. That's a good point: that you have gotten the same product from same company.

I gave up. I just started looking for an American bong company.

20. Well i have decided to talk to a lawyer to discuss my options. My best friends mom works with the ex head of DEA from Florida. He is aware of my extra curricular activities and has agreed to sit down with me and talk about what options i have. I think i will follow kliffs route and try to get my shit back, as long as there is no chance of getting charged for paraphernalia (Which i think would be impossible since the bong was never used).

On another note i built a bong vodka bong and while at the local head shop picking up a down stem and bowl i mentioned my weed star water pipe being taken by customs. They said that they cannot even carry that brand because it says weed on it. Sounds like weed star need to consider a name change to me.