Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weedidas Trichome Photography - Sharpest, Closest Macros Yet

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by weedidas, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Been a while, but I've also been without my main lens for TWO fucking months! Long story short: dropped lens, it broke, looked around for weeks, no stores had it, (discontinued), waited weeks, drove hours to another city to order it, waited few more weeks, picked it up.

I could have saved a shit load of hassle, time, frustration by getting the new better version that was available but I didnt know it was better so I waited for the old one. Stupid decision and I'm still pissed about but at least I have the old one now.

SHARPEST ONES YET! All my macros before these have been blurry, just accidentally figured out that it was to do with the aperture size on the reversed lens. Nikon D40, reversed 18-55mm, homemade ext tube, bounced flash and other techniques. If I make a bigger tube, I think I'll get more magnification, try that next time.

Here are the 10 best out of the 60 that I kept out of the 250 pics that I took last night. I want a true macro lens now lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

100% crop. Most pics where still a lot sharper though. Would be cool to get this magnification in a full size pic. :eek:
    [​IMG]

An old bud, all amber on the inside
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started playing with lighting and background more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I have a D50.

Can you teach me how to do this? Seriously?

These are among the best pictures I have ever seen. In my life. Ever. Serious.

I'd rep you but I can't (need to rep others) so I'll 5* your thread. This is SICK.

3. love it + rep

4. amazing as usual.

5. Fourth! amazing as always +rep

6. dude. is there any way i can make these my wallpaper?

7. Stuff is so amazing looking. Great pics.

8. Your pictures make me proud to smoke weed

9. Yeah. Can you PLEASE make me a series at 2560x1024? (Dual 19")

PLEASE.

I'll PayPal you some bucks if you'll make me a series at that resolution. PLEASEEEEEE.

10. Nice photography man, could you tell me how you made the homemade ext tube?

11. + rep, those pictures are freakin' incredible!:eek:

12. Ya, tell us about the tube!

Great shots, what lens are you using?

13. Fuckin' awesome.

14. damn this is simply amazing

15. weedidas, those pictures are definitely art.

btw a 1440x900 background would be so legit. +rep

16. put up some high res pics. i'd love a new desktop background.

17. holy shit man there some dope macros :smoking:

18. give us wallpapers without water marks. these are beautiful.

19. I'm gunna go with everyone elses comments, we wantz high rez !

You take some amazing pictures man.

20. good lord.