Weedcity.com is a rip off.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Aussie420, Feb 24, 2009.

1. grasscity sucks too, i am trying to get my credit card to charge my money back after placing an order over 2 months ago, being given a new excuss every week about when my order would arrive, being asked if i wanted a different item and saying no, then they send me some stupid jar that says "nug jar" on it and a letter saying "sorry your item was out of stock, here's some peice of shit we couldn't find any other way to get rid of"

and the invoice says my order is complete. theives

2. #22 Mr. Jane, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    I have a buddy that has ordered from WC. He said that they are very slow, but if you give them a call you can speak with the owner. From what my buddy said, I guess ROOR.de is really backed up on custom orders. From the sounds of it, WC is getting very irritated by ROOR.de's lateness of custom orders. My buddy said that he has spoken with someone on the phone several times about his custom order and the guy is pretty cool I guess. He was speaking with him and I guess he went off on this tangent about Germans and how they think they can do what they want and they never get his orders in on time and it reflects poorly on him, not ROOR.de... ha ha... He said it was really funny, because the WC guy he spoke with had a heavy English accent... "Those bloody Germans..."

I guess WC is legit, but you must be patient with them. It seems like demand is more at fault than WC.

3. I have had two very good experiences with orders from EDIT... Bad luck maybe?

4. Yeah i've ordered from EDIT three or four times now, and I always get my order within one to two weeks from when I order it, which is pretty impressive considering I live in the US and it's coming from the UK.

5. in the last six months ive ordered from EDIT at least six times. everything arrived on time and well packaged. though I never get the free gift they promise.

6. Yea my last order from EDIT took one week, simple transaction + freebie. :D

7. #27 drewzilla, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    "bad luck" is your glass breaking in transit, what happened to me is not "luck" it's an example of a poorly run company with awful customer service

what we had ordered was TONS of smelly proof bags, some glass, and a grinder

what I have, is a jar that says Nug Jar with a crooked lid that is nearly impossible to remove and a invoice saying my order is complete with a letter explaining they sent the jar because something was backordered...

i have had to call (international) several times and each time i'm given stupid excuses and told they will process my refund... never happened

i'm glad to hear you guys wern't ripped off by them (i have made a sucesfull order with them in the past myself) but there's no excuse for the shit they have put us thru, to this day almost 3 months after the order day i still havn't gotten my refund and the only thing i have to show for me 100 somethin euros is a crappy jar and an apology letter.

8. Just a quick update.Finally got through to weedcity and i was told there had been a hold up in germany, hence the lateness. The extra i got charged was apparently for shipping costs, $60 extra seems a bit steep to me, ah well, the tyranny of distance i suppose.
    I would have been fine with all of this if they had just let me know what was going on. I deliberately ordered gear that was supposedly in stock so i didn't have to wait.
    I have been told my bong will be in next week, justa waiting game now i guess.
    Its been over 2 months now and if this bong arrives broken i will dead-set snap. To top it all off, a drunken friend of mine broke my bong last weekend and now i have been reduced to the old gatorade ghetto bong, fuck. Joints for me until the new toy arrives as i'm not buying another bong for the interim period.

9. I got an update on our situation with grasscity as well

so, after getting the wrong jar we contacted them once more and got the runaround, they eventually said they didn't want to keep us waiting so they decided to send a different jar instead (This is after i explained several times that we asked for a refund, not an exchange) at that point they said they would refund the rest but we would responsible for returning the jar we didn't want back to them (shipping from PA to the UK) we said fuck it, asked for a refund of the remaining stuff that they still didnt ship. a week later we get 2 fucking ash trays at our door and a letter saying our order is now complete.

needless to say we headed down to the bank and are doing a chargeback for the entire purchase amount, including the TWO times they charged us additional funds for shipping the wrong shit to us.

in short, i will never ever ever use grasscity again and will continue to spread word of a shitty company they are.

10. Are you sure the ashtrays and jar aren't free gifts for the inconvenience? Check how much they charged you and it is probably exactly what you paid for your actual items.

11. EDIT has the best customer service out of any company [ glass or not ] that i have ever worked with throughout my entire life.

they always answer timely, give me freebies every order, and even upgraded my package for free on numerous occasions.

12. never seems to stop amazing how many people continue to buy sketchy shit offline and expect there deal to turn out legit... :confused_2:

13. i was so close to ordering a bob marley bong from weedcity too! i woulda been screwed out of 100 bucks that easily..

14. no, they arn't free gifts. each time they had a letter included saying the item i wanted was out of stock so they chose a replacement. the charges are well over the original invoice

15. papas, there are a few online retailers that are trustworthy and legit. not every online place is sketch

16. i ordered mine about a month ago and i got it three weeks later! sorry they fucked your order, but i love mine, it hits so smooth

17. things do happen and as long as they make up for it , i think its all good

18. I'll chime in...

The mentioned site seems to be the only place to get a made to order RooR.

I submitted my $700 custom RooR order on January 2nd, before finding the negative reports. After 3 of the most stressful months of my life, my beautiful german glass showed up on April Fools Day. (I don't want to triple post the pics)

I did talk to James a couple of times, and I got the impression that he was at the mercy of RooR for delivery since I had ordered a custom. He also agreed to a refund if the order wasn't filled before my Visa protection expired, and he avoided having to do the refund by overnight shipping via FedEx just before the deadline. I am sure that cost him extra.

As stressful as it was, I think that if I decide to customize another RooR, I will probably use them again. As I said, it seems to be the only way.

PDXer