Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Yogurt, is this right?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by smoke_the_place_out, Mar 1, 2014.

1. #1 smoke_the_place_out, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Before some of you may insist, I have already searched the forums thoroughly and found a variety of answers, but everybody is different, and so is my case.

I understand baking weed is probably better, but with my new landlord, there will be no chance of that happening in my apartment, I just can't risk the smell.

Also, if you are wondering, I would like to take a break from smoking to give my lungs a rest, so that's why I would like to digest the THC rather than inhaling it.

Now, onto my question:

Here is what I have read:

• First, you grind up the weed into the center of a spoon, not too much to overfill it though.
    • Second, you pour a very small amount of vegetable oil over the crushed up herb just enough to cover it.
    • Third, you hold a lighter beneath the spoon for around 2 minutes until it begins to bubble and you see some mixing going on within the "solution"
    • Finally, you let the solution and the spoon cool down and thoroughly mix it some yogurt and eat it as quickly as you can.
    EDIT: I forgot to ask, how much weed would I need per spoon. (this is my first time eating thc)

Is any of this information true?

2. That's weird and ghetto why would you waste your time doing that it's not like your 13.. Just buy an edible from a friend, if you have a card then goto a dispensary. Otherwise smoke some weed because edibles are stupid I don't like waiting an hour to get high.

3. So eat and then smoke. Thats what i do. By the time the smoke high wears off the edible high is in full effect. I've never heard of yogurt though. I'm more of a coconut oil kinda guy. Milk is pushing it for me.

4. Coconut oil is suppose to be better for making edibles I've heard due to it being more fatty. (THC is fat soluble)

Do not get me wrong, this method is very crack-pipe and I laugh every time I think about it but like I said, I cannot cook it and I just moved across the state and I don't know anybody here. There are no dispensaries nearby either, all I have is the herb I brought with me, only 2g's. And unlike other people, I have patience and don't mind laying back and watching Netflix as I slowly reach the skies.

6. #6 aToker, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    I have patience man and I understand your situation but you're gonna waste your time and weed. Does your landlord come everyday because the smell will be gona when you wake up as long as you open windows and spray a little febreeze.

Oh and if you buy an ounce delivery services come from a very big distance.

7. I don't know how often he comes but after his lecture to me after I purchased rent, I don't want to try his patience. I will look up delivery service though. I appreciate the input but I ultimately just need a yes or no to my answer to know if the THC will dissolve in the veggie oil, and how much hash per spoon...

8. I honestly highly doubt it well, but it might. Use the oil with the most fat content. I would grind up 1g of good weed or tear up .5 of good hash

9. Thanks, but I heard the amounts are a lot different. When I did smoke, I smoked half a joint a day and I was good for about 3 hours. I am what you would call an apprentice toker. So maybe .5 per spoon? And what oil would you recommend?

10. Coconut oil or vegetable. I honestly recommend just buying a pipe, unles syou have one then smoke out of that. Or treat yourself to a nice glass bong(25-60$) and get stoned off of that. Check out brotherswithglass.com they have discrete shipping in a normal brown box and it's lowkey. They have great customer service and give you free papers/pipes/grinders/stickers with your purchase.

11. if you can get hash, make hash coffee, its awesome.
    Put a bit of butter in a mug (not very precise) and sprinkle a bunch of hash onto the top of it. Then microwave it for like 10-15 seconds til the butter has melted.
    Put a teaspoon of instant coffee granules in, pour in hot water, stir and drink :)
    Can also add milk and sugar if you wanna

12. Also i just saw in your original post that you cant risk the smell from baking it, but this recipe doesnt really smell at all 

13. Actually it's coconut oil then grapeseed oil is in second i do believe. If i didn't have coconut oil i would se clarified butter. How patient are you? You could make a firecracker and let it sit for a few weeks and that will do the trick. Or you can make it in the oven. They dob't smell since you wrap it in tinfoil. You would need something infused with thc to put into the yogurt i don't think it would absorb into the yogurt by itself. Even if it did the effects will probably be miniscule compared to making a firefracker or some kind of real edible.

14. You really aren't going to maximize your weed if you heat it in a spoon for a few mins. Converting THC into oil is somewhat of a slow process. Some THC may transfer in the oil, but in my opinion it would be a waste. The yogurt wouldn't actually "infuse" with the oil. So technically if u made canna-oil the right you could drop it in anything. I would suggest if you wanna give your lungs a break man make a big batch of canna oil or butter.
    This is what I do to cover up the sent when making the oil.
    Cook bacon(extra crispy) while you're making some edibles. The burnt bacon sent will sit in the apartment as your making your oil on the stove. My apartment and hallway smell like bacon for hours and the weed sent never over whelms the bacon smell

Ganja green, supreme

15. Weed Yogurt sounds amazing...

16. this is a huge waste of weed dude. just get some peanut butter put it in a pan put .5 to 1g of ground bud in it put tinfoil over top and bake it... it will only smell a little and if you open a window it won't smell at all

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. there is a tut stickied on the edible forums on how to make peanut butter edibles

18. does this really work?! oh my gosh why have I never heard of this?! How much hash is needed? is it really that simple?!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. From what I've read, using the microwave is really hit or miss. I say that because it's not like an over when just about everything in it gets heated evenly; it heats in patches pretty much.

The microwave method is also a way to easily vaporize your bud, which would leave a smell. Heat it too much and the oil or butter or whatever won't work.

20. I've been making weed tea lately and it works well but I decarb it first which smells. I grind the weed, then decarb, then put about a teaspoon in a tea bag. I'm not sure what weight I've been using because my scale broke and my new one doesn't come until tomorrow. If you make a few bags at a time you don't have to decarb again for a bit and making the actual tea has no smell. Do the bacon thing when you do your decarb and you should be good to go.

Take 2 tsp of butter, cover in half and half and melt in the microwave. Add the weed bag and a bit of water and steep 10 minutes. Add a real tea bag(I use mint), and steep another 10-15. I use a travel mug with a lid to keep the heat in. Add sugar/stevia and it tastes really good. I'm a lightweight too and one bag keeps me pretty buzzed for 5-6 hours. I'm sure you could make coffee this way as well but without decarbing it doesn't work (I tried).