Weed Won In 2020

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Clowns like that shouldn't be allowed to run their areas - they're a threat to everyone and just seeing stupidity like that makes ya wonder what else he’s fucked up for his constituents?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. This is a pretty unusual conversation...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not quoting you to kick some knowledge because I know you have much more than I do lol just ranting.

Smoking flower material does create tar and carcinogens. Getting cancer from weed depending on who you are getting it from as in what the soil and plants are eating. Vaporizing is an extremely useful smoking alternative for healthier smoking sessions. People need to stop thinking that cannabis is a cure for all medical issues because it is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. N.Y. Pot Legalization Gets Fast Track on Cuomo-Lawmaker Deal

New York is ready to legalize recreational marijuana. The state would impose special pot taxes and prepare to license dispensaries under an agreement reached by Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders.

“It is my understanding that the three-way agreement has been reached and that bill drafting is in the process of finishing a bill that we all have said we support,” state Senate Finance Committee Chair Liz Krueger told Bloomberg Government on Wednesday.

--

Federal legalization by 2024.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Schumer Says Bill To Legalize Marijuana Federally Will Be Filed ‘Shortly’

Asked to clarify whether he supports legalization, Schumer replied, “decriminalization, legalization,” implying that the two terms are used interchangeably.

“At the federal level, you call it ‘decriminalization’ because that lets the states legalize,” he said. But in general, advocates draw a distinction between the terms, with decriminalization usually being used to describe state or local policies that simply remove the threat of incarceration for simple possession while fines or other penalties could still be levied, which is distinct from outright legalization.

“The Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act legalizing marijuana is now law in New York,” Schumer tweeted separately on Wednesday. “And I will keep working in the Senate to end the federal prohibition on marijuana and undo the damage of the War on Drugs.”

Can't complain about the efforts. Definitely going to attract a lot more young voters. Feels like democrats are about ten to twenty years ahead of republicans at this point. I guess it's expected, conservatives are trying to hold on to old ways for some reason, becoming a dinosaur is not a good idea.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Schumer: Senate will act on marijuana legalization with or without Biden

President Joe Biden has been a conspicuous outlier among Democrats when it comes to supporting marijuana legalization. But Schumer said Biden’s reticence won’t deter the Senate from taking aggressive action to loosen federal restrictions.

Schumer: Senate will act on marijuana legalization with or without Biden

• Like Like x 1

7. New York, Virginia, and New Mexico passed adult use/recreational last week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Pretty fuckin’ stupid to even ALLOW ANY other states that are still in the dark ages to be allowed to prohibit Cannabis usage.

Go Feds!

j

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

9. as i've been known to say, "FUCK YEAH!".

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. One of the few times in my life you’ll ever hear me say - “Go Feds!!”

lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. That may be the ticket to national reform.
    Nice link.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1

12. those asshats over there (the sauds and emirates et al) are more trouble than they are worth. it's hard to imagine the west has been sucking on arab oil since the late 1930's. rockerfeller, Standard Oil, and "The Prize".

still sucking on arab "resources" and taking a pounding every single day. the hell with the saudis, all their ilk, and their supporters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. How fuckin bad is that? In his urine?? And when it was used in a legal place to boot?

In my opinion THE MAN should be stepping kn here and telling them no fucking way - give us our citizen - immediately motherfuckers!

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Happy 4/20: Congress Passes Marijuana Banking Reform, But Cannabis Is Still Cash Only—For Now

In a bipartisan vote, the US House of Representatives on Monday approved reform of federal banking rules that would finally allow legal marijuana businesses to access banks.

Now, ending a dangerous and unwieldy cash-only cannabis industry—and encouraging investment that would diversify and make more equal what’s to date been an industry dominated mostly by white men and wealthy capitalists—heads yet again to the US Senate, which is where most cannabis reform bills have gone to die.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bills that include choosing winners and losers based on skin color should die.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. And folks wonder why racism doesn’t disappear -

Because stuff like this wont allow it to.

j