Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed withdrawl

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Xefede, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Can weed withdrawal make me stop wanting to smoke cigarettes? Cause ever since I stopped smoking both I haven't felt the urge of smoking a cigarette? I've been smoking cigarettes on a daily basis(5-10average or more sometimes ) for around 5 years and I'm just worried why my body isn't asking for any nicotine. My withdrawal has been kinda heavy, my appetite was gone for some days couldn't eat that much, been more thirsty than normal, ansious, and feel kinda sick.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marijuana is known to help people quit alcohol and tobacco.
    Its stopped me from drinking

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. You're "worried why your body isn't asking for nicotine"

Can you elaborate on that?

• Like Like x 2
  4. no such thing as marijuana withdrawals....jeez, it's pot, not heroin.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. A lot of these posts today... the reefer madness is like a rubber band always comes snapping back. And as to your body not wanting nicotine? Why the fuck would you question that. I say roll with it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

6. I thought marijuana didnt have till I stopped smoking and I was feeling like shit, thought I was sick but after further investigation it was actually a withdrawal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe it's nicotine withdrawal lol...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nicotine withdrawal is a physical itch, or so I believe (I don't smoke cigs). Abstaining from weed is all psychological and typically only affects users in the first 3-5 days going dry. The worst symptoms I get when the stash gets all smoked up is insomnia and vivid movie-like dreams. Pretty neat benefit actually because I'm starting to learn how to navigate lucid dreams. Like last night when I was skating to the dispensary to buy weed and ran into several people in my past. Lol it makes amends for waking up and realizing I ain't got any weed...

• Like Like x 3
  9. I don't get why people feel the need to force their opinion down someone's throat lol... everyone is different and has different reactions. Quitting a 2-3 gram a day smoking habit after years can definitely give you withdrawal.... now like you said it's not nearly as bad as unmentionables but it's there for some maybe not all... but these people claiming it's just a billy being a billy spreading propaganda and lies are just full of themselves they don't know how the next person feels when quitting something... as I said on the other similar thread though I also smoke for medical reasons and when I quit my medical issues can intensify so that doesn't help at all and that may be a factor for some.. I get cold sweats can't eat and have troubles sleeping lol but it doesn't last to long and it's by no means terrible if I stay occupied..

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I get what you are saying. Mental issues may get worse if you medicate with cannabis and you run out of cannabis. I feel this strongly as I have anger issues with depressive spells and shit is definitely massively worse when I don't have the weed I need. As far as the term "withdrawal" goes that is a serious term that often ends in fatal situations when a serious drug is the substance. Because weed is not a serious drug, the irritability wears off after a week max and life goes back to square one with life threatening dependency, such as alcohol addiction, not affecting the user's life.

Many people may bitch and moan but withdrawal from weed is giving weed a drug categorization when it is not the same. We all may love weed but it won't kill any of us going without. (Suicide attempts aside of course)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 generic98547, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Eh but still cigs won't kill you and it's not uncommon to say you are going through withdrawals when quitting... even though most of the time it's just mental and being cranky.

Withdrawal Physical and mental symptoms that occur after stopping or reducing intake of a drug.

I mean physical or mental it's still withdrawal hell a decent bit of serious unmentionables cause mostly mental withdrawal but I can't go into that topic obviously so I'll leave it at that....

But that being said I'm also someone who doesn't really have any withdrawal issues when it comes to nicotine...

Grow journal

12. I quit cigs after 10 years of smoking

And I've quit toking for lengthy periods of time

It's very different

But I didn't quit them both at the same time so I've got no idea.

• Like Like x 2
  13. A commonly stated marijuana withdrawl symptom of people that use it to help with mental issues is depression IVE HEARD

14. Marijuana may not be physically addictive, but for SURE it will cause mental withdrawals. You will get depressed, it goes away after a few days. Other than that, you'll feel the urge to smoke like no other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm dealing with it right now and I can tell you a very noticeable symptom is increased vividness, frequency, and duration of dreams. I've had dreams that lasted over an hour, some of them violent nightmares. I dreamed once of being caught by the North Korean government and being tortured before being dumped out into a field and left to die. But I've had good dreams too. Last night I was in an art museum with friends that turned into some sort of escape game.

Other than that I've had irritability and more intense feelings in general. My sense of smell is much more sensitive, and my memory is more accurate - I believe these are linked if you research it. Dreams and memory are also linked. As for my irritability and depression, that is partly why I smoked in the first place, so it stands to reason those effects would return when abstaining.

I'm at about two weeks now without smoking, except for hitting a j once or twice a week ago.

16. My experience with cigarettes was like trying to get a monkey off of my back. It was so hard to quit, it took me 5 tries. The first four times I used patches to help quit. Which was a waste of money. I had to slowly wean myself off of them. And when I got down to 5 cigarettes in 24 hours, I stopped. And that was back in 2005. Now I'm vaping Delta 8, THCA for my arthritis and back pain and I can tell a difference if I stop using it. My pain comes back ten times over. I couldn't take the plastic cap off of a jug of milk. I live in a not-so-legal state and thought to give it up because they have been coming down hard on places that carry the D8 stuff. That was a mistake. It's taken two weeks for the THCA to help with the pain. I feel better now and I'm going to make damn sure I have a steady supply of it.

• Like Like x 1