weed will never be leagalized at the federal level..

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by GillyTHEkid, Jun 10, 2011.

1. as much as i would like mary jane to be legal in the US, i believe it will never be legalized federally because the government is afraid to let something so socially looked upon to be used freely by its people.

take the electoral college for example, presidents are elected even if they lose the popular vote made by the people. it is the legislative that makes that decision for us.

so when people are like, "omg i voted!!", give them the -_- face because they didnt do jack squat. if you really want to make an impact politically, make a shit ton of money and create a interest group.

one thing we can all agree on.... cheers :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

2. Totally wrong reason in many ways, but yes, probably won't be [without severe public outburts and protests]

3. Do you not pay attention to what's going on in the country? It seems like every week that goes by there are laws being changed concerning cannabis. Kentucky recently had it decriminalized. A state in the bible belt decriminalized possession!

The citizens of the country are rallying together, don't be surprised if a LOT changes very soon

4. Bad comparison.. But truth on the money. The money controls every part of our government.

5. Wrong. The STATES want legalization. The state is not arresting the medical patients, the FEDS are. The states are the "good guys" being attacked by the feds to take over the MMJ market. Check out my thread.

6. Way to actually read what I said, bro.

Don't preach to me about what's going on right now. I'm well aware.

Way to use your rebuttal to promote yourself.

7. please do correct me in where i am wrong, i wanna see where i went wrong with this argument

appreciaite it

8. You're ignoring the amount of states that are passing medical laws and becoming MMJ states. Something like 30% of our states now.

The states are speaking out against federal law, and they can't bust everyone as much as they want to.

The government is currently losing the battle to keep prohibition in place if you would just open your eyes and see what everyone else is doing.

You're only contributing to the problem if you keep the defeatist attitude that nothing will ever change for the better.

9. You based your argument on your personal opinion that the government is "afraid", rather than a fact.

Therefor the argument is moot.

10. States Rights > Federal Rights

Always has, always will be. The main issue the states fucked up on was slavery, but that was hundreds of years ago. The states know their constituents the best, they know their needs the best, they know what's right for them.

Still, I don't see how there can be a "wrong" when it comes to adult marijuana use. :smoke:

11. What about speed limit laws?

12. I keep saying.... All we need is a nice bloodbath.. MAKE them hear us. :devious:

13. good idea, lets throw decades of activism down the drain.

14. I'm not promoting myself, what do I even have to promote? It seems like everybody here thinks that the government is perfect and has no corruption. The states have power over the Fed. Gov. according to the constitution. THe problem is, the Feds don't care, and they're gonna end up taking the business away like anything else. The police force used to be a small company owned business too - the government realized, we're gonna need them everywhere, so they scooped that along with thousands of other things right out and said it was their power to do so when it obviously wasn't. Who can stop them, if all the people doing this are so corrupt, how could it be stopped? It can't be. The system is corrupt, the government is always going to win the battles, and until something major they will and do continue walking over us and doing whatever the fuck they want. Your statement is 100% correct, IF, on the federal scale, nothing was corrupt as it is.

15. Cannabis, no matter if it is legalized or not, will continue gathering user at a rate of several thousand a day now, probably. Half or the American citizens have tried weed and one point, and if you've tried actual cannabis you aren't going to come out of that experience hating it.(Assuming other factors of course, actual proper dosage, actual cannabis, ect.)

The Federal side of the government can keep on fighting, but once we reach 80% of the population having at least smoked cannabis once in their life time.

Well the choice will then be we get fifty sovereign nations, or the Federal syncs back up with the states and we enter a age of prosperity we haven't seen since the 20's.

16. the hypocrisy won't last forever

17. Get your straw man bullshit the fuck out of here. No one said that at all.

18. 1. You're opinions aren't god, so stop saying fuck and talk regularly and discuss this like an educated human not a retarded 6 year old that's listening to his mom. There is no true answer to this, it's a debate and the only way to find the answer to wait.

2. And where this is wrong is (personal opinion as is this whole thread along with 99% of the threads on here):

The government doesn't care about the people. Therefore they're not afraid to have something looked down on legalized, they just want the business to make money themselves.

19. I'll start posting like an educated human when you stop posting straw man arguments and avoiding the point when you're called on it.

20. How am I avoiding the point? I said I disagree because I don't think the government gives a shit about us and that the only reason they don't legalize it is because they want to win the market first, which I'm sure 99% of people would agree on. I'm not calling you stupid, saying you're bad, or anything, I simply disagree - forums are for discussion. If you can't handle people having other opinions then you can go set up your own dictatorship and have fun.