Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed while sick with a cold

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tyorke, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Feel like I'm coming down with something (just a seasonal cold thing...sniffles and sore throat). Anyway, I was like, Hey, I've never smoked while I've been sick before! So I "smoked" (vaped with the MFLB) like a half a trench and my sore throat's gone now, but I'm still "functional" high.

I'm wondering: is it a bad idea to vape to relieve my cold symptoms? 'Cause it makes them go away and makes me happier, so it's kind of a win-win.

Any experiences with smoking/vaping while sick? Advice? Tips/tricks? Peace all :D

2. Yeah man smoking while you have a cold is very helpful IMO. A few weeks ago I relied on mary jane for the day after waking up with a HORRIBLE cold just so i could go to the STS9 concert that night!

The vape is deff. a better idea too! :)

3. Man I had a sore throught once and I smoked like a freaking steam engine through it and I never felt better except runny noses suck shit while high espically when your in your advanced math class with no kleenex haha I had to use my shirt to keep myself from dripping all over my notes.

4. Just battled a cold this weekend and literally experimented that this weekend! I used no regular medicines like Dayquil or Nyquil.
    Stay in bed, smoke your herb, drink plenty of water/orange juice, eat according to your body's hunger and stay awake from the junkier foods.

You'll feel good in no time, it's day 3 of my sickness and it's almost gone.

5. I used to hate smoking joints/blunts when i am sick but since i got a sweet bong with an ice catsher, an ash catcher, a diffusor, a Percolator etc. I totally recommend smoking weed with a cold. The bongs smoke is so smooth and doesnt hurt my throat at all. And actually it did help me to feel better. My cold is almost gone and that after a few days. Usually im sick for weeks. Weed <3

6. I love it, it always makes me feel better. I usually just drink some syrup and then smoke a little and feel much better :smoke:

7. i had a terrible sore throat and every time I smoke it comes back and I lose my voice. but it did make me feel better while actually being sick (few weeks ago)

8. I got a shitty cold too, cant wait to pickup and smoke my way out of it :smoke:

9. The one time I was sick with a cold, I couldn't get high for whatever reason. I wasted an eigth of dank & got no response. I have a low tolerance in general, so that struck me as odd. At least that dank was a freebie from my grower.

10. I use my mflb all the time when I'm sick, makes me more congested though

11. i would definitely say to vaporize, as smoke can be harsh to the throat. but yeah, it helps for sure dawg