Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed went through washer and dryer need adcice

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ISmokeDankBud, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Okay soo I've been smoking weed for a long time now but luckily so far I havnt had to deal with this problem.. soo every pot head has misplaced there weed before and I happened to loose a quarter the otherday.. today I found it on top of my folded cloths in my living room.. the weed was in a NON-ZIPPING sandwitch bag rolled up and folded in my jean pocket and it went through a full wash and dry. The weed doesn't smell to much different but it is very dried out now. As far as I know it wasn't went for a long time but I don't know if I should smoke it or not because of the laundry detergent.. any advice would be much appeciated!!

2. Flush and dry it

3. pour more water on it

then let it dry

then pour more water,

then you dry it

do this about 98.65 times and it should be good

4. I wouldn't smoke it because laundry detergent is toxic all though there probably isn't much detergent in the weed so smoking it won't kill you.

5. Just flush it and then throw it in a bag with a fruit peel for an hour to get it moist and you'll be fine. The Baggie was in a jeans pocket or something right? If so your deff fine.

6. Was it wet inside the bag? If not I'd think it would be safe to smoke but I'm not expert on how laundry detergent affects plastic an all that jazz.........

7. When I got to the bag it was 100% dry but I didn't do the laundry so I really don't know for sure if or how much it got wet

8. Here's what your real problem is, you've gotta smoke 7g before that shit molds. Have fun.

9. [quote name='"4smoke2haze0"']Here's what your real problem is, you've gotta smoke 7g before that shit molds. Have fun.[/quote]

He just said it's super dry, why would it mold? Lol

10. It's more dry than before it went into the washer lol. Mold isn't my concern.. the laundry detergent is

11. Honestly, it won't kill you. It might taste like shit, but you'll be fine. Your body can take a lot.

12. #12 FilthyDubz, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    The thing about detergent is that it cleans clothes despite being very dilute in solution. It's also not particularly toxic as far as cleaning agents and soaps go. However, they also don't measure toxicity by burning and inhaling the cleaning agent's residue. That's the only bad thing possible, and we're not sure how bad it is, so the only thing we have to do before smoking washed weed is try to decide if it came in contact with detergent and go from there. There is a rinse cycle after the detergent cycle. You are not even sure if your weed was exposed to water at any time (hint: it usually comes out of the dryer with dampness/moisture in the bag). But if it was, it may not have been detergent water. and if it was exposed to detergent water, it was in theory exposed to clean water later.

It comes down to what you want to do. I can't see how it wouldn't be safe to smoke if you rinsed and dried it; I just don't like the trouble of messing with already-damaged weed, and I consider it safe in the condition you found it in (seems dry, no odd smell). You can try it, and you should discover it to be fine but probably lacking in some flavors, and possibly lacking in potency. An odd new flavor that wasn't there previously would be the main concern. If you do rinse, rinse a small amount of it first, and check for detergent residue in the rinsewater. Or, you could cook with it confidently in its current form, since being in the dryer has likely decarboxylated it much of the way, and any detergent residue (when you dont see any visible residue) seems negligible when it comes to ingestion.

13. Probably be ok. Could always cut a g out and sell/give it to someone else and see if they survive…lol

14. Make some edibles with it. Better than throwing it away?