Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Wars

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Helljumper, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Anyone watch this show? What are your thoughts?

I'm really conflicted on my thoughts on the show. At first glance, I appreciate how well Steve D'angelo understands the cannabis plant and how he's pushing for society to better understand it. I also love seeing how the show explicitly shows how marijuana helps people.

What frustrates me though is some of the things I heard in the latest episode. A big part of the episode was about them trying to change the way people view 4/20. They were criticizing how people would get together and get high just to have fun. They also talked about how they get a LOT of patients visiting their dispensary on 4/20 but they trust that the majority of them have legitimate medical needs. Well that doesn't make any sense. If someone is sick and seriously needs cannabis to help their condition, then 4/20 should be the same as any other day for them. The fact that it's not shows that 4/20 is actually a holiday to celebrate the benefits that marijuana brings. If that means getting together with friends, getting really high, and just enjoying the experience of being on cannabis, I see no problem in that.

Also, at the end, Steve says, "I am against the legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes but I am for legalizing it for 'wellness' purposes."

That quote can be taken two ways: Hopefully, he meant that to say that he simply wants to redefine the experience that marijuana provides for people. Maybe he just wants society to realize that weed improves people's quality of life and it's not something people should do just to get shitfaced like alcohol.

But what I think he meant was that he only wants to legalize marijuana purely for medicinal purposes. It seems like he would opposed full legalization if it meant anyone can get high just for fun.

I don't agree with that viewpoint at all though. If weed improves the quality of life in sick people, it should also improve the quality of life of a healthy person. Getting high simply makes pretty much everything about life more enjoyable. Why should I not be allowed to improve my quality of life, just because I'm a relatively young and healthy person? That's just absurd. Marijuana can help anyone, not just seriously ill people.

TL;DR: The show helps to take away from the stigma of marijuana but they fail to go all the way by showing how marijuana can help EVERYONE enjoy life more, not just people with medical conditions.

2. Lmao know way I'm reading that. They had a Guy on there that didnt know how to hit a bowl.. Hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think he just said that to appease the anti-drug people. Taking baby steps is the best way to get change, not making one radical alteration to society.

4. I managed to catch part of this show for the first time the other day. This old dude was trying weed for the first time and he tried to light a bowl like a meth pipe. I lol'd.

5. Yah. I think anyone who claims weed should only be legalized for "medical" purposes is bullshitting.

He knows that most of his patients don't legitimately need weed. And got it more for the fun factor.

6. [quote name='"Unprettier"']I managed to catch part of this show for the first time the other day. This old dude was trying weed for the first time and he tried to light a bowl like a meth pipe. I lol'd.[/quote]

Lol!!!"

7. I posted this in a thread earlier today:

Believe me people, Steves message is much more complicated then what you see in the hour long episode on the Discovery Channel. If you truely want to learn about Steve's message, do some research. Please dont make assumptions on a T.V. episode that was edited.

8. People need to man up, stop talking baby steps, and stop being so stuck up about weed. Yes it has medical uses, and YES alot of people like to get high for the skae of getting high. Nothing wrong with that.

Some medical patceints act so stuck up some times, and make regular smokers look bad.

9. Ok good, that's what I was hoping. So he's taking this relatively conservative viewpoint just because he knows that if he goes too extreme, he won't have a chance to sway public opinion on cannabis? That's fine. And I think that's an excellent approach to take. He's trying to change how people view stoners. That video with Dr. Drew was awesome where he talked about how recreational users are just using pot for "wellness" even if they don't know it. It's pretty much just simple terminology, but using "wellness" instead of "high" is a great move since "high" has such a negative connotation.

It's just that within the show, that wasn't the impression I got. During those scenes where they discuss non-medical stoners, they gave off a very elitist attitude. To me, it seemed like he was casting off all non-patients as junkies who just get stoned all day.

10. I don't have cable, so is this show online?

11. Discovery.com but i dont know if they put full episodes online.

12. It's on my DVR I enjoy it a lot:)

13. lol word he was lighting it like a crack pipe he was like wtf it's not working :rolleyes:

14. [quote name='"tokens"']

lol word he was lighting it like a crack pipe he was like wtf it's not working :rolleyes:[/quote]

I thought it was funny when he's walking outside and he sees the log and he says something along the lines of "that log is interesting, you can make it anything you like. It almost looks like a lion."

I know that's not exactly what he said, but it was along those lines. You could tell he was toasted haha