Weed wars

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by budman61, Nov 14, 2011.

1. i watched it yesterday and thought it was interesting i just didnt really like how they portrayed that black guy growing. they made it seem like he was a bum with a dead end job just cause hes in the cannabis industry.

2. ??? and do you change your avatar when you post at the news sources?:rolleyes:

3. Well now we know what main stream media thinks about Weed Wars. I doubt the Washington Post says anything bad about Moonshiners or how stupid those gold miners in Gold Rush look when they are not prepared for anything.

TV:

4. The guy in the dress didn't even bother that much. I took issue with the idiot who was supposed to represent them on that tax issue. That city council, or whatever they were, said we want 1.1 million dollars, and he just gets a dumb look on his face and says, "We can't pay that." He didn't try to argue, or negotiate. He said nothing. He simply bent over and took it up the tail pipe. If nothing else, Harbor Side needs better representation. That dude was a joke. I've never studied law, and I could have represented them better than that fool did.

5. I don't want to hate on any of the characters b/c THEY are the ones out there doing it...but if the medical marijuana movement is going to succeed, I think the guys need to be more punctual, professional, and business-like so that it is easy for the skeptic to take them seriously. And on the tax thing it seems like they knew for 90 days, appealed, and were given a 90 day period to pay it. I can see it being hard though, b/c they really aren't legally allowed to have extra cash as a nonprofit.(Don't forget nonprofit, does not mean no payroll) They just gotta do what they gotta do but I think this is going to be an interesting series and my DVR is set.

6. While I hate to see anyone busted for marijuana,$20>$30 a gram is not a non-profit price.

I don't care what kind of grow system,lights or nutrients you use,,it just doesn't cost that much to grow marijuana.

7. with 9000 patients a cool million should be no problem

8. Did I see right that they had that Sage and Sour @ $60/eighth? That would mean what retailers call a 50% markup (really it's 100%) - they paid the grower $4000 for the elbow, they cleared about $3700. Pretty typical retail markup. It's worth whatever a willing buyer will pay, imo.

THe definition of a non-profit is simply that the profits aren't supposed to go back to investors, not that they are limited in how much profit they make. Nonprofits with that much revenue can also get away with paying themselves outrageous salaries--like the fuckers on Wall Street. Not saying they do at this dispensary, just that non-profit status doesn't really imply anything about fair pricing or compensation.

I wonder how much TH Seeds is going to see a bump from that show. Whole new realm of product placement :rolleyes: Nothing against TH Seeds by the way, I like their gear, am running SAGE now and have Kushage and Heavy Duty Fruity on deck...:)

9. #30 oltex, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    That is the problem,,when you can make that much profit,,what is to keep illegal growers and dispensaries from joining in the market. It is what the LEO.s and prosecutors are stating,,the profit margin is so high it encourages illegal activity.

But it is a problem that will only be solved when marijuana is sold on the open market and not a closed one.

10. Yes, or when everyone who wants to can freely grow their own without fear of police state interference :mad:

11. I would imagine the guys in the show make a good salary also...They aren't millionaires like the Wall Street jokers, but I'm sure they get theirs.
    And of course there is a retail markup...the facility, lights, salaries, etc....they have alot of expenses too...and retail markup is what it is. Hell, I use to manage a few Sprint and AT&T stores and car chargers costed us $2.50 and we sold them for $35.00 all day long.

12. WORD!!!! jevus, the govt is jacked. :0(

13. Andrew reminds me of Andy Botwin from Weeds haha. Whenever Andrew speaks or is on TV, I just picture Andy in his place hahaha