Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Wars (Trailer attached) Premiere tonight on Discovery Channel 10 ET

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PaperZonly, Dec 2, 2011.

1. What? If i almost lost my million dollar biz. i'd be like f it bowl time 2. Dosent matter either way. "He needs it for stress"

2. [quote name='"xThrowBack"']I enjoy the fact that the company made 21 million dollars last year, and gives it back to the community.

But how about we put the bong down for like 8 seconds and save maybe 5-10 million in case your business gets shut down and you aren't broke.

I feel like these guys could be making hundreds of millions of dollars if they just had a good business plan. I understand helping the community, but make sure your in good shape before you help others.[/quote]

Absolutely! I think the problem here is as a friend of mine put it. "if you truly want to make money in this business you need to stay away from your own medicine and develop a better company." cannabis may help creativity, but logically speaking, I think they need to hire a lawyer or manager or two who doesn't smoke. Let them grow the company and defend it well.

3. Dude that isn't how you run a business, "Sir our business owns a million dollars by tomorrow." "FUCK IT BRO GIMMIE MY BONG." Your business is about to collapse, your entire family runs depends on that business so they can provide for their family and put food on the table.

THAT IS NOT THE TIME FOR WEED.

I understand the man may need it for stress, but come on, this is your life, you should use that stress as motivation to find a bomb ass business plan. Once you have accomplished that, rip the fucking bong as much as you want.

They just need to stick a lawyer on reserve and when shit goes down they can call him up for help. It's not that hard to do, they have the funds for it, they just keep giving it away.

4. [quote name='"xThrowBack"']

Dude that isn't how you run a business, "Sir our business owns a million dollars by tomorrow." "FUCK IT BRO GIMMIE MY BONG." Your business is about to collapse, your entire family runs depends on that business so they can provide for their family and put food on the table.

THAT IS NOT THE TIME FOR WEED.

I understand the man may need it for stress, but come on, this is your life, you should use that stress as motivation to find a bomb ass business plan. Once you have accomplished that, rip the fucking bong as much as you want.[/quote]

Agreed. I didn't like that he ate edibles before his speech either. Its not a good image for the public cause they just think "oh he's getting high before his big speech"

5. #45 hippie4u, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011

LOL +rep for that

He didn't seemed too worried, they probly have the mil, but iget what your saying. I was talking after they lost go hit the bong...then maby a lawer

6. Allright show. Could have been better. Could have been worse.

7. Yeah I feel like between the family they could each throw in enough money to cover it. And I feel like he wasn't worried because that dude brought in some nice ass bud lol. I find it funny that he said the guy grows some of the best bud in the world.

Sorry champ, the person that grows the best bud in the world doesn't give a shit about a discovery tv show. They probably make millions selling it to drug lords.

8. Keep in mind that it is a tv show, so certain elements are added or subtracted to cater to the producer/network's desires. I personally loved it. I found it to be very interesting and entertaining. Especially the growing segments with the Cashier dude and the patient. Farming. Besides the hard work involved, I think growing Cannabis would be extremely fun and rewarding.

9. I'm okay with patients growing and caregivers growing for patients but I just looks bad to have a line of people lined up out the door waiting to get there weed. The guys all smoking are just turning the whole thing into a big joke, counterproductive if you ask me.

10. they need doug the accountant from weeds. that dude would have them covered and would be ripped at the same time. also, he's a funny motherfucker.

11. Im watching this in 8 mins, hope its a good hour of my life.... hehe

12. uhh i think i missed it.. fuckin tits......

13. I really do think the problem is that the owners aren't shown as professionals, they are shown when they are SUPER baked, and cracking up laughing, doesn't display a fully professional work environment, If you ask me, I wish they had used less footage of the owners smoking and more on the patients.

14. They seem pretty professional to me.

But Im only 10 mins into the show..

15. [quote name='"Russy"']They seem pretty professional to me.

But Im only 10 mins into the show..[/quote]

Ya, just wait until he eats edibles before his speech, lol

16. How many shows do we need about the effects of marijuana? I'm glad the first episode was not marijuana 101. I'm sure the positives will slowly play out.

I think the show appeals to people living in medical states more than someone still buying off the streets. I hope this changes but the show is mainly trying to show how canna biz is just like every other biz.

17. They try to cockblock Weed Wars with the Moonshiners previews. I'm all for living in the woods with a bunch of guns, but they shouldn't be keeping these two in the same category. Not OK.

18. [quote name='"Bundermeyer"']They try to cockblock Weed Wars with the Moonshiners previews. I'm all for living in the woods with a bunch of guns, but they shouldn't be keeping these two in the same category. Not OK.[/quote]

Well man, I dunno, they are both trying to be recognized as legitimate businesses, and both catch flak from government agencies, mainly Feds, one just has a much different background and current environment than the other :D

19. Dude Moonshiners looks lame. You know those guys never get raided.

20. haha i thought the same exact shit when i saw it