Weed Wars - Discovery - Premier Thursday

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by DuncanTokes, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Because federal law is above state law. Discovery Channel is just trying to cover their ass.

2. Damn sorry to have missed it anyone know of a way to watch it online yet?

3. True but freedom of the press should allow them to broadcast it, as long as it clears thru the FCC first (which it did obviously). But it sucks to think that they have to have their lawyers tell them to put a disclaimer on an educational documentary to keep from getting fined/sued/etc. :mad:

4. I didn't think the FCC had power over cable tv

5. [quote name='"Kevin08"']Did anyone else get bothered by the disclaimer before the show? WTF!!! Why does weed need a disclaimer when they don't have any for beer or pills commercials? And the brother of the main guy is not a good look, such a typical stoner :rolleyes:. His whole aliens finding the seeds in an apocalypse had me laughing so hard and just because i realized how stoned he was :devious:[/quote]

I like the brother he was funny and he is the "typical" stoner but he is serious at times and made a couple good points I can't remember what they were right now tho :laughing:

6. fcc controls life

7. Does anyone else already hate the guy the kept mentioning that they owed 1.1 million? dude was overly annoying for a pot-smoker(and the fucker rides a scooter :( :mad: Overall the show was a good watch, I'll be tuning in next week.

8. When they filmed this show, they did nothing but put a huge target on their back for the feds. They've since been audited by the IRS and now owe 2.4million more in taxes.

The black guy gives a negative image for the entire industry. They show him smoke all the time and how he has been doing it forever, but he never talks about why he medically needs it. Stupid move on the show's part.

Regarding a non profit, most of the top tier hospitals in the nation are non profit. It doesn't mean the people running them aren't making millions though. There is no salary cap on employees for non profits. You simply can't share in the profits. Don't be fooled because they aren't driving nice cars, they're making money.

I couldn't believe they paid the guy $4,000 for that pound. That's crazy for wholesale in Cali. Seems their prices are pretty high too for the area.

Why did the general manager say he needed to smoke?

9. [quote name='"meatballz"']When they filmed this show, they did nothing but put a huge target on their back for the feds. They've since been audited by the IRS and now owe 2.4million more in taxes.

The black guy gives a negative image for the entire industry. They show him smoke all the time and how he has been doing it forever, but he never talks about why he medically needs it. Stupid move on the show's part.

Regarding a non profit, most of the top tier hospitals in the nation are non profit. It doesn't mean the people running them aren't making millions though. There is no salary cap on employees for non profits. You simply can't share in the profits. Don't be fooled because they aren't driving nice cars, they're making money.

I couldn't believe they paid the guy $4,000 for that pound. That's crazy for wholesale in Cali. Seems their prices are pretty high too for the area.

Why did the general manager say he needed to smoke?[/quote]

I was thinkin the same thing when dude was showing off his grow op. Its like now they will be watching you! And from what i hear about hs buying from vendors 4,000 is def not the norm. Must have been some real fire

10. [quote name='"meatballz"']When they filmed this show, they did nothing but put a huge target on their back for the feds. They've since been audited by the IRS and now owe 2.4million more in taxes.

Why did the general manager say he needed to smoke?[/quote]

They're pricing is ridiculous they charge like $17 a gram! Who the fuck pays that much I can go to a handful of places in sf with fire just as good as theirs for $10-$12 a gram

11. [quote name='"devilzlettuce"']

They're pricing is ridiculous they charge like $17 a gram! Who the fuck pays that much I can go to a handful of places in sf with fire just as good as theirs for $10-$12 a gram[/quote]

I used to buy a majority of my product from harborside. Now I get everything for less than half of what they charge.

I've seen people spend 800.00$ on 2 ounces and some edibles haha.

12. hows the show? is it good to watch?

13. I liked it

14. Trust me, they're the best. Their top shelf is the best in the world.

15. It's $17 only for top shelf. And I can guarantee you can't get anything just as good for $10-$12 in the city. They're not out of line in terms of pricing any more than any other brick and mortar collective. They're all priced too high.
    The delivery services and the "street" have lower prices, but all the stand alone collectives have relatively high prices.

16. it's hard NOT to watch, because it's so close to home. however, i feel that it portrays users in a mixed way. obviously, the whole sphere is a mixed bag anyway, we all know that. but, it just seemed like there was more harm than good.

17. 17 dollars a g?? You best be trolling, fuck that, I rather grow my own.

18. 17/g beats the 20/g i pay for in non-medical states lol. Thought the show was alright, but i only caught a few minutes of it. Sucks about that guys crop though, having that infestation right before harvest, kind of a shame. His plants didn't look very healthy anyways though.

19. [quote name='"SourDeezel420"']

It's $17 only for top shelf. And I can guarantee you can't get anything just as good for $10-$12 in the city. They're not out of line in terms of pricing any more than any other brick and mortar collective. They're all priced too high.
    The delivery services and the "street" have lower prices, but all the stand collectives have relatively high prices.[/quote]

I've bought from harborside and a few other brick and mortar places harborside was always the most expensive I havnt been to any in a while tho and now that I looked at the other places menus it's about the same price maybe a $1-$2 cheaper but they used to have better prices.

Delivery services are cheaper the green cross has just as good shit as harborside and it's $45 an 1/8th and theyll deliver anywhere in sf

[quote name='"warefly"']

17 dollars a g?? You best be trolling, fuck that, I rather grow my own.[/quote]

Not trolling but like the guy a couple posts above said its for top shelf. But if I'm going to a club I want top fukin shelf

20. Considering Harborside is like a 20 min drive from the middle of SF which has one of the highest cost of living in the US, I don't think $20/gram is hurting anyone's pocket. I bet median income in SF is around $60k+.