Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed vs alcohol

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ArabianGenie, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. What do you guys think is more powerful (intoxicating)? Weed or alcohol? Or edible vs alcohol? Dab vs alcohol? Or basically what fucks you up more?

2. All have different effects. Long term and short term I might add. Id rather be stoned than drunk though. No DUI to deal with either. Stay careful out there youngster :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Alcohol is too harsh for me

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. images-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Like alcohol fucking kills you but I can easily handle it more than a full gram off a joint. Which fucking pisses me off since weed is completely non toxic. Yet weed when I'm super high makes me feel like I'm not in my body while alcohol just fucking straight kills you if you drink to much.

6. 25 minutes ago, I would have easily said alcohol. But, im so stoned right now, it took me 15 minutes to type this. lol. I'll now call it a draw.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. This varies a lot from person to person. I think both highs are extremely difficult to compare. To answer your specific question, for me personally, alcohol delivers the stronger buzz. I feel more in the "now", the overall state I'm in is way more intense than both being sober and stoned. I get very dissociative as well as strong antidepressive effects from alcohol, which is probably genetically / family-related (my dad used to be an alcoholic and I'm struggling with all kinds of nervous problems / ADD / BPD).

So I think it definitely depends on your chemical makeup and experiences, but to me, alcohol seems way more intoxicating. I actually feel like a very different person being drunk.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I don't ever see this happening, but the language on cannabis should change. Our body was designed to interact with cannabis, and only able to tolerate certain limits of alcohol. Cannabis does not "fuck me up" or "get me high" or "stoned". As surely as I drink water I consume cannabis. Unlike water, i can go without cannabis but I am much healthier with it. It has been quite the transformation from the days when I used and abused tobacco and alcohol. I could never and would never go back to that. It was never for me. Quite frankly given the records on health effects, I don't think tobacco and alcohol is made for anyone. But to each there own. Just understand you're dealing with two completely different things. It's all about your mental capacity to understand what it's doing to you and how it is benefitting you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Everclear.jpg
    Just Kidding.. I only use this for making RSO.
    :eek:
    :eek2::eek::eek2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not sure where you live, but in Nevada, driving stoned, can get you a DUI. The Police here are taking special courses to determine if you have done any weed..Interesting since the "test" would have to determine if you were really "impaired" or they would be cremated in court by any decent lawyer.

11. If I want to die, alcohol.
    If I want to be high, weed.

I don't fuck with ethanol, either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I live in California and the laws here are the same, caught driving stoned, busted. However, them trying to prove your high, like you said, any lawyer will rip them alive in court.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Both. Gotta do both together or you're missing out.

14. Alcohol is is more impairing. By that, I mean that it both messes you up and messes with your ability to judge your own sobriety. We all know what weed does, but I've never been mistaken about where I was in terms of being functional after smoking.

15. Apples to oranges imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alcohol is one of the worst drugs. It is only used so regularly and a part of our culture because it is one of the only government sponsored drugs. Look at all of the destruction and addiction it causes. It's an evil drug.

I basically grew up without a mom because of alcohol. My mom would drive blackout drunk, crashing into a ditch on the interstate with me in the car when I was a toddler. Random neighbors would come over and take me to their houses to spend the night because my mom would be too drunk to feed me or watch over me. My mom went to rehab and was sober for a few years before going back to the same shit.

I underestimated the power of alcoholism and my predisposition to it and was pretty much an alcoholic for an entire year. I could have been arrested so many times for the crazy shit I was doing on my benders. The only positive side of my time abusing alcohol was I met a lot of hot girls due to my elevated confidence and had a few really great nights with them. But it never made up for all the guilt and shame of the reckless shit I did while very drunk.

A lot of alcoholics I know are ignorant on pot and other substances. They want to reach other levels of consciousness but only do so with the government sponsored drug. They are afraid of pot because it's "illegal" yet they give the government so much tax money and the police tens of thousands of dollars from DUIs...

Alcohol is okay in moderation, around trusted people in high doses.... but crazy "blackout" stories and shit that everyone has shouldn't be the norm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1