Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Vapor Smell?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pppppppp, Jan 2, 2012.

1. So me and my friends are in a movie theater and I decided to vape some weed using the magic flight launch box. My friend, who doesn't smoke, started freaking out, saying his parents were going to notice the smell on him, as they were picking him up after the movie. I told him to calm down, I didn't think it was an issue, but he was pretty pissed at me.

Later that day, this friend told me and my other friends that his parents did notice the smell, and he had to talk his way out of it. His story doesn't really make any sense to me though, I was sitting beside him in the theater, but I exhaled the weed vapor in the opposite direction. It must have been at least an hour after I vaped that his parents picked him up, and I can't imagine the smell would linger on him that long. On top of that, I doubt his parents would even be able to identify the smell as weed if it did exist, I don't think weed vapor really smells like weed smoke or weed itself, I don't think someone who didn't already know the smell of weed vapor could identify it as such.

Anyways, I'm wondering what you guys think, does my friend's story add up? Or is he lying to justify his anger towards me in the theater, and to make me and my weed habit look bad? I didn't even vape more than 0.2.

Thanks!

2. Why did you vape in a theater?

3. That's definitely a load of bs! I bought a mflb and when I wasn't sure on the smell I blew it right into a towel and it barely smelled like 5 mins later it didn't smell at all. Now I take big rips from it that even make me cough and blow them right in my room and my mom has come in like 5 mins after and doesn't notice a thing.

4. Theater was pretty empty, there was really no way of getting caught. Also I live in Canada so no one really cares anyway.

5. yo dude, I love that about my vape. I can be sitting on my bed just vaping huge hits, and my mom comes in right after and doesn't notice anything

6. The scared ass snitch is just paranoid, I HATE square ass bears that are all sketchy about the smoke smell, when IM chillin in line at the movies, I get all kinds of MOFOs blowing their shit cigarett smoke on me and whatnot. It happens, just tell them that.

NEXT time you wanna vape some herb just take a mini carbon scrubber with you, google it, you can make one from anything from a hollowed highlighter/fat charpie, or a spent TP roll, pantyhose or just bandana.hankerchief and some carbon flakes from walmart or hardware store.

blow thru that shit no exhale smell. get mac-guyver with it.

me personally I spray some drakkar noir and call it a fooking day :D

7. yea no fucking way. i vape in my room all the time and nobody mentions a thing about smell. it doesn't linger and definitely doesn't stick to clothes so what he's saying is total pure bullshit.

8. oh fuck yeah the mlfb kicks ass my mom came in 3 min later to wish me goodnight and when she hugged me she didnt smell anything at all

9. He's a liar.

10. hahahaha he's obviously just uptight about weed in general and too ignorant to know that what he's saying doesn't add up...

i almost never smoke indoors but i vape (using a VG or MFLB) in my lounge room with no windows open or anything and the smell in not an issue in the slightest, at least not for more than 5 minutes... plus the smell is alot more like raw weed, smells nothing like smoke or anything remotely unpleasant

11. Wait, he's either lying OR he got himself caught up.. I have a few friends who are really sketch and they tend to get themselves caught up in acts because they are just so bad at hiding things.

Another thing is that he might not want to hang out with you much anymore and he's trying to find out a way to not hang out with you, but without saying it directly..

12. lmfao no offense man but how old are you if your mum is still giving you good night huggles and wishing you sweet dreams. :D

Your poor mum thinking she has a good son who doesnt do drugs (i know its not drugs you kno how parents think) I used to feel guilty, until i moved out with my friends. they knew I was stoned, they just knew I was handling my shit and keeping my job.:smoke:

13. did his parents accuse him of eating too much popcorn too?

he must've stank like that

14. Total bull.. Even if you smoked out a pipe, it wouldn't smell an hour later.

15. Idk what you guys are talking about with the smell, I mean actually loading the trench with herb makes smell itself? Taking out bag of bud, grinding it, loading a trench..Good bud will have its scent linger in a room for a bit longer than 5 minutes. Maybe you don't smell it but a sober person probably would imo.

And fresh green hits should smell like, well, bud

16. Thing is it shouldn't stick on someone who didn't smoke a whole hour later.

EDIT: Post 400!!!

17. No I know OP's friend is a retard lol.

But people who basically say vapes don't smell at all. MFLB is probably the most stealthy, but if you're vaping in your room, again, loading the vape makes smell in itself, on top of vaping(though again, mflb is decently stealthy). I think it's just that a lot of people underestimate the potency of bud, you don't even realize it until you've been sober for at least a few days, then you smell someone smoking and it hits you....as in, don't think "you're good" because the high you doesn't smell bud, bc your parents will

18. My kids are all over the age of 18 and they still get huggled whenever possible and good nights.

Remember people... Tell the people you love that you do, because tomorrow is another day and they may not be part of that.

19. There is no way his parents smelt it an hour later, that just impossible. But maybe it's just the MFLB that everybody here has but when I use my PAX in my room if I crank it up to high, it smells for 10-15min easily and has gotten me noticed before

20. Yeah I use an iolite and vaping doesnt even smell like weed. Theyres no way his parents smelled it, unless his parents are either vapers, ninjas or somelliers.