Weed up for lent

Discussion in 'General' started by Slowhandjr, Feb 24, 2009.

1. I am thinking about giving weed up for lent, and I was wondering if anyone had done that before and if you think its a good idea.

I kinda think it would be cool cause i would loose my tolerance, come back to smokin some shishkaberry out of my buddha vape and getting super amazingly high. but it is also like 40 days without tokin, so idk. help me

2. It only sucks for the first few days then its not so bad.

And when you do get high, oh yea.

3. #3 BluntBurna, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
    I was gonna do it two years ago. I made it twelve days then started back
    up. Recently I planned on gettin' a job a couple months ago and stopped smoking.
    Before I knew it I had made it just short of three months. For someone who
    start at fifteen, never went longer than 12 days (did 7-10 days three times)
    and didn't smoke for nearly a whole 3 months at 21 yrs old was crazy. When I came
    back I smoked a 1.2g blunt with two other people. I was really high, like stuck
    to the couch, couldn't move or talk. I was just hoping a long T-break was
    going to bring me back when I first started smoking and I would laugh my
    ass off at anything remotely comical.

4. Oh yeah, I'm doing that too! Gonna save some money and build up my tolerance and then get blazed on Easter!
    Glad to see some other Christians thinking about giving it up for Lent.

5. flame me if you will but this is quite rediculous. just as rediculous as the concept of "lent". i grew up catholic in a catholic school, went to mass at least once a week K-8. i started smellin bullshit 'round grade 3.

lent, in catholic dogma, is a time of fasting, prayer and self-denial. its a throwback to the time when jesus spent 40 days in the desert fasting, praying and denying satans temptaions. ugh, its all a fairy tale to me.

anyway, imo, if people are goin to follow any guidline of catholicism, they should be devout and follow all. meaning you cannot long for things that belong to others that u want, masturbate, use the word God in a negative context (goddamn it) etc, the list is never ending.

so my man, if youre going to give up marijuana for 40 days in reverance of your savior, go ahead, but keep in mind that you could be labled hypocrite by Jesus himself if you fail to follow ALL his rules.

6. Im not sure wether you guys are christian, because acording to the bible it states that the prophets of jesus never smoke or drunk. Which basically states that christians should be pure and not drink large amounts or smoke, they shouldnt need to because they have god

so you guys being christians and smoking weed, your lying about one of those.

7. My friend is what I call a selective Catholic. Last year she gave up desserts and sweets for lent, but had a bunch of exceptions and broke the rule on numerous occassions.

I'm not religious, but I do believe in being devout in what we love in life. If you feel that giving up weed for lent would be an appropriate representation of your devotion (compared to giving up other things in your life, of course) to your god then go for it. I realize that may not be the reason for lent, but I don't know the story too well and ultimately it doesn't matter.

8. Ahh sorry for the double post, and I don't want to threadjack here by bringing up a semi-related topic, but in the tv-show Weeds, the season with Mary-Kate Olson, she smokes weed and says they talk about smoking it in the Bible and that's the only reason she does it. Anyone know anything about this? I wouldn't know.

9. Once you've read our bible THEN you can comment on the guidelines.

Right now your just shootin bullshit in the dark...

10. For soem reason I thought the OP meant lint, or the shit in your dryer.

Wow.

11. This is why I don't understand religion. You're going to give up smoking for 40 days, for god or whatever, just to start again? What is the point.

12. religion is one of the definitions of human stupidity.

13. I've read it. Wanna talk about bullshit?
    ebaumsworld helps me explain.

The belief that some cosmic Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
    Makes perfect sense.

14. Ive said it before and ill say it again.

Religion keeps the poor from killing the rich.

15. I don't believe in lent. I think there's lots of other ways to show your dedication to your religion other than stopping something you used to normally do for a month. To each their own though....not trying to hate

16. Why not just give up Lent for Lent?

17. haha i thought he was gonna quit smoking weed and start smoking lint too

18. It's a sacrifice. You're confusing Lent with a New Years Resolution. It isn't something we try to give up, its something that we like doing that we give up for 40 days.

I haven't seen anything about weed in the bible, are some of these people insane?

Also, Jesus clearly did drink. He turned water into wine for God's sake.

19. last year i gave up weed for lent.

i didnt make it. too damn long.

20. im taking a t break as well. gotta save cash, i want to buy a new bong and some danks.