Weed uncovers forgotten memories?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Tokers' started by Silemanx, Dec 16, 2011.

1. So last night I smoked a little bit, and I lied down to think. Then out of no where, I got this memory from when I was 5-6. (I'm 19 now) I remembered this old restaurant me and my family would occasionally go to. Then one memory led to another and I remembered events I forgot, like how my uncle showed his super old Motorola phone and let me play snake, and how i'd get stickers out of sticker machine, my 6 year old friends I made at that place, and this one time i snuck into a dark scary room the restaurant didn't use anymore.

Has anyone had something like this happen? This kind of contradicts everything said about weed removing memories. :D

2. Yeah. I have terrible memory, and I don't really remember anything from 9th grade down. I have had flashes of images that I've never seen before. I don't know for sure that they are my memories, but they seem right.

Like a few weeks ago I got high, laid down and closed my eyes, and just saw the world as if I was sitting in a car seat arranged the way a new born would be, facing the seat. I remembered seeing trees and stop lights through the back windshield and hearing my mothers voice (who died when I was 11, I don't remember what her voice sounds like anymore, but I was able to recognize her)

Whether or not that really happened, i have no clue. I might have just been really high.

3. Yes, mainly when I was new to smoking. Dankja Vu is what i called it.

4. There's a reason it's called the magic plant ;)

5. I don't know about forgotten memories, but certainly memories.

6. Sometimes I smoke and play Chain of Memories after...does that count?

7. Definitely have had this happen, though only with more headie strains. I start tripping out and remembering shit that I would never, ever remember sober.

8. [quote name='"miztokealot"']Yeah. I have terrible memory, and I don't really remember anything from 9th grade down. I have had flashes of images that I've never seen before. I don't know for sure that they are my memories, but they seem right.

Like a few weeks ago I got high, laid down and closed my eyes, and just saw the world as if I was sitting in a car seat arranged the way a new born would be, facing the seat. I remembered seeing trees and stop lights through the back windshield and hearing my mothers voice (who died when I was 11, I don't remember what her voice sounds like anymore, but I was able to recognize her)

Whether or not that really happened, i have no clue. I might have just been really high.[/quote]

Holyshit thats fucking awesome!

9. ^ not the whole dead mom thing, thats sad :(

10. Our word for the day:)
    May be induced by a state of intoxication.

11. Yeah, I think it does. I'm not sure how I feel about that particular quality of the plant though. I find myself remembering events or situations where I've said something to someone or done something that I really regret... I already suffer with anxiety as it is and it can sometimes make things worse. Feels bad man... I've gotten pretty good at blocking them out now, but every once in a while I'll still dwell on something.

12. I love weed for this reason. The past feels so vivid to me on weed. It reinstilles all of the crazy magic i used to feel and how sacred and precious all of those memories really are. Makes it easier to see how magical life really is. Also makes me feel so grateful and blessed to have had these memories. Makes me miss it like crazy too. I used to smoke weed less than 15 times ever in high school with friends and it was just always giggling and fun. Now in my 30's im doing it mostly alone. And it's like a totally different experience. I have the most vivid, beautiful memories running through my mind that I wouldn't give up for anything. Helps me remember all the memories that absolutely have made my heart melt. Even great dreams that i used to have when yonger come back to mind too. The ones that I remembered back then.

13. Who knows.. maybe past, present and future all happening simultaneously?? I have always been very nostalgic about the past. It's weird though cuz when i try to visualize future, it's really hard for me. But, im very happy where I'm at now. I think weed gives us better insight of what's really important in life. And also helps us to make more worthwhile, heartfelt decisions for our life. Im not talking about burnout smoking everyday. Im talking about smoking once a month give take. Not a whole lot, but just a little treat from time to time.

Grasscity Deals Near You