Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed truly brings peace... but why?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HideYoChurren, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Hey GC:wave:

We all know when were high, we truly love peace and hate violence, but why?

I was playing paintball the other day in the woods with my boys, and I hit the MFLB a little too hard beforehand, and when shit hit the fan, I had paintballs near my head and i was saying to myself "fuck this man, why cant we just put the guns down and chill" :smoking: now normally, I love paintball, and im not a pussy, but when im high I just dont like any kind of violent activities at all

same thing in another situation, Im considering joining the military but when I get stoned I end up having second thoughts on the idea.

and when my friend brings out the boxing gloves to fuck around with in his backyard, if Im high i refuse to box, but sober or drunk its hell yes.

Now i know where the hippies are coming from :rolleyes:

alcohol is the complete opposite, but can anyone explain on a technical level, why marijuana encourages peacefulness and discourages violence?:confused_2:

thank you for your answers in advance, and happy post-4/20 to everyone!

2. why?..why does there have to have an answer. why not just enjoy it, why not just relax, there could be so many answers to this question. Maybe all it is, is that it just is.

3. well tommy chong says it makes adreneline in ur brain non effective so you see things clearer. adreneline basically blinds reality and disconects u from ur spiritual nature. when u smoke weed it helps clear up ur emotions and clear up ur brain of this "blindness" and ur true spiritual natue becomes appearent and it also helps u empathize with other peoples emotions. idk weed is crazy peacefull shittt:smoke:

4. why am i in here
    :smoke:

5. [quote name='"skuitarman"']well tommy chong says it makes adreneline in ur brain non effective so you see things clearer. adreneline basically blinds reality and disconects u from ur spiritual nature. when u smoke weed it helps clear up ur emotions and clear up ur brain of this "blindness" and ur true spiritual natue becomes appearent and it also helps u empathize with other peoples emotions. idk weed is crazy peacefull shittt:smoke:[/quote]

That's awesome and so true thank you sir

6. No wonder I have gotten wiser over the years, guess once you use it for its spiritual use instead of just getting fucked up its changes you for the better and not the worse.

7. it really does change my perspectives on alot of issues when i get high and think about stuff... which i do alot. its crazy how it can alter your mind.

8. I would venture to say that smoking weakens the ego and the desire to compete with one's fellow man. This isn't the case across the board, certainly, but it is an effect I've observed and personally experiences. I now see the futility of attempting to be better than someone else at something just for the sake of being better than them. I used to be obsessed with competition and I let my competitive drive work its way into every aspect of my life. This often allowed me to find success in whatever I did, but I found no joy in it in the end because I was simply competing to best my fellow man rather than to fulfill myself. You can certainly be violent and competitive after smoking, but generally, I find that when either of those emotions take me over after smoking, it is because the situation warrants it or because I truly enjoy what I am competing in rather than seeking to simply best someone else.

tl;dr: Smoking allows me to become more satisfied with my actions themselves rather than the burst of happiness that comes at the end of competing.

9. Just do something enjoyable but not violent. Frisbee is a good example, and goes well with just about any drug.