Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed to oil ratio

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Shaunboy1234, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Hi guys how much coconut oil is need for 7gs bud....I want it strong oil enough to hit a full time stoned hard

2. The maximum amount of thc available in 7 g of good 15% thc herb is about (0.15)*(7000 mg) = 1050 mg.
    If oil is what you want, I'd recommend BrassNwood's method.
    Here's my version of it that will allow the making of size 00 cannacaps that each contains 1/4 g herb:
    (1) Decarb the herb @ 240 F for 40 min
    (2) Grind to fine powder in a coffee grinder
    (3) Add oil and lecithin to the ground, decarbed herb according to the following calculations:
    Each size 00 cannacap will contain about (0.9 mL)*(0.9 mg/mL) = 0.8 g total.
    The final mass will be (28 caps)*(0.8 g/cap) = 22.4 g, but an extra gram or so should be added for wastage.
    The final formula is (7g herb) + (3.5 g Lecithin) + (13.5 g Oil) = (24 g total).
    (4) Heat the mixture up to 220 F, then cook for 20 min at that temp.
    (5) Freeze.
    (6) At this point I stop and encapsulate, but BNW recommends a second heating of 220 F for 20 min.

Alternative #1: Briefly (a minute or two) cook decarbed herb powder and lecithin into the oil of any recipe, and then bake.
    Alternative #2: Add decarbed herb powder to nut butter or nutella instead of oil, and then follow all 6 steps above. Use at least 16-20 g spread per gram herb to avoid bad taste.
    Alternative #3: Use much more oil than suggested above, follow all 6 steps, but don't put into capsules. Keeping careful track of everything will make dosing easy.

Some stomachs are bothered by whole herb, but straining it out loses about half the medicine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you want to make just regular coco-cana oil use about 1/3 cup or less for oil that's strong but not a concentrate. I would do less (maybe a 1/4 cup) but I have a high tolerance. This also depends on how strong the bud is. If it's great stuff maybe more like a third of a cup.
    I will say though those capsules he posted from @BrassNwood kick butt. I'd advise you to try them!
    Best of luck
    Erik

• Like Like x 1