Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed to Oil Ratio?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GoogleEyedBass, Nov 24, 2012.

1. How much oil do I use with 5 grams dank bud? Plan on decarboxylating cannabis before extraction into oil or butter.

2. However much oil the recipe you are using calls for. If you plan to make brownies for example, and it calls for 2/3 cup of oil, then i usually put a hair less than 2/3 into it. It usually comes out to be a bit more oil after processing imo

3. really you only NEED enough fat/butter/oil to completely cover the entire surface area of ur ground up bud. any extra in just lagniappe. I do remember reading that from one of the vet edible makers on this forum. I've used that rule and have come out with some very potent butter. hope that helped u out some

4. would i be able to use about an oz of trim and run little bits through the oil then strain it out and cook it some more with fresh trim in it. wanna make it potent but there is only so much trim you can fit into like half a cup of oil.

5. I use 1oz oil for 1g bud. I just take the oil in a shot though. If you're cooking with a recipe it would be better to figure out the serving size and determine the bud from there.