Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed to Oil/Butter ratio

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by justan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hey everyone! I'm looking to buy some empty pill capsules and make THC pills. I plan on making some canna-oil or cannabutter to put inside them. I really don't have much money to blow so I can't pick up a ton of weed at a time. I'm looking for a good ratio of oil/butter-to-weed of anywhere from a gram to a quarter. I'll probably just end up picking up an eighth of some beasters for cheap just to try this out.

Any input is appreciated!

Stay nice and toasty guys :smoke:

2. If you don't want your capsules to be leaky and weak, you need to follow a reputable recipe. If you're thinking of using an eighth, you should be able to make 8 -10 good doses with 3.5 grams, depending on the quality of the herb.

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Bioavailable Canna Capsules, Hash/Herb Oil, and more....

This tutorial, will walk you through from the very beginning, with decarbing your material, to the very end with encapsulating, storing and preserving your meds. If you're using herb, and not hash, you'll need to start out with a bit more oil than you intend on finishing with, and make several heated runs, straining out the oil, and re-processing that resulting oil in fresh decarbed herb, until you achieve the desired potency... otherwise, you'll be popping 6 - 10 capsules (and an awful lot of oil) in order to feel anything.

You'll also need coconut oil, which is a solid at room temp... otherwise, your capsules will melt (more due to the glandular material, than the liquid oil, but with both combined... it's not a pretty picture. Luckily, there are 3 alternate recipes you can choose from, in the above tutorial: "Sloppy Caps" need to be taken immediately, flour-caps are usually a tad weaker due to the displacement).

[​IMG]

Your oil is finished, active and bioavailable, when it is a glossy dark brown, almost black color:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or you could just go with some candy.. it's super easy and doesn't require any special supplies, tools or ingredients, besides the coconut oil, water (or tonic water), your canna, and a cup of sugar ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck! And have fun :)

3. wow that's fucking insane..i've never even seen capsule that someone made themselves. i would love some of those and delicious candies! ++

4. Unfortunately, I don't have the things necessary to make the better capsules, so I'll probably just end up making the sloppy ones. Is there any difference between decarboxylating hash and straight marijuana? How long do you need to decarboxylate it? How long do you need to have the marijuana in the butter/oil?