Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed To Help Sleep?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Canadian_Penis, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Does anyone use weed to help them sleep? Weed is the only way I can have a good sleep. If I don't smoke weed in a few days, I'll be really tied in the day, and awake at night. I tried some sleeping pills, they made me fall asleep fast, but I was tired in the day still. Weed makes me fall asleep fast, and then have lots of energy in the morning. It's the only way I can have a normal day. I think it's sativa that I smoke, but it burns me out when I'm done the high. That's how I can sleep good.

2. There's alternative ways you can go to sleep:
    Melatonin (the hormone that helps regulate your sleep cycle)
    Masturbation
    Listening to White Noise

3. I use marijuana to help me sleep, beats pills imo.

4. That's why I got my medical card for. I smoke weed to help me sleep every night and it gives me the best sleep. I don't wake up at all when I sleep and I feel good the next morning. 

5. Unlucky folks, i don't have to take anything to get to sleep, will fall asleep in 5minutes and i am a really deep sleeper so it is hard for me to be woken up. But marijuana gives me lots of dreams and I feel alot more refreshed in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. It does help sleep quite well. And sativa is not the one that makes you sleepy, thats a very common misconception it is actually the indica strains or as people call it "kush". Indica makes you sleepy and lazy. I use it in the daytime too because I am capable of overcoming the tiredness. Keep in mind that the more tolerance you build from smoking, the more you will need to smoke to relax and get sleep. A coner 1.5 gram joint used to put me out after 2 hours.  Now i need to smoke 3 coners or a blunt to knock me out. Try getting your medical card if you can. 

7. While the melatonin does usually work for most people, i used to take melatonin and it did help for awhile. But it stopped working for some odd reason after a few years of usage. Now only cannabis works for me, and sleeping pills no longer do it for me either. Does listening to static actually help you sleep?

8. Yes, White noise actually helps, but you'll have to check it out for yourself.

9. wow, I use background noise like tv shows and movies to help when i don't have ganja but I never expected white noise to work. I will definitely give it a shot

10. I have to use wax(my preferred choice) to sleep sadly. I wish I didn't and could sleep normally.

11. me too.. Sucks but it helps me cut down big time on pills & I feel less groggy in the mourning

12. #12 hammerhead777, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    Even though I can easily go to sleep, I sometimes like to vape a bowl before going to sleep. I calmly vape the bowl while I browse the web on my ipad and when the bowl runs out, I just go to sleep. There's no better sleep than falling asleep while the sweet touch of a good indica strain caresses your body with its sweet vibrations and warm embrace :')  :yummy: i sometimes spank the monkey after i vape the bowl, makes me come like a horse huehue

13. I only smoke before bedtime to help me sleep, otherwise I wouldn't even smoke at all.

14. Weed makes little difference to my sleep. I have to make sure I don't smoke too close to bedtime or I'm lying there high as fuck mind in a million places.

However when I stop I find it difficult to sleep but I also find some exercise/a busy work day will combat that.

15. I have occasional bouts of insomnia and I use weed then to get some sleep, but I don't need it on a regular basis.

But if it helps you get some rest, then go for it. :bongin:

16. This sounds too much like me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. If I smoke a while before bed the comedown helps me sleep, but if I'm still high my mind races too much to let me fall asleep right away.  It takes me a while to sleep normally, I just think too much maybe, and weed makes it worse.  It does help me sleep more restfully though.

You explained my situation to a 'T', my friend. Happy toking!

19. I use marijuana to help me sleep, beats pills imo.
     [​IMG]

20. Yeah i dont get how people around me fall asleep with in 5 minutes. I smoke wax as well but some times just a bowl right before i lay down helps to make that little yellow man in my head stop talking.

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app