weed to escape from a breakup?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by baurman, Jul 19, 2010.

1. my ex gf broke up with me 2 months ago, and i stopped contacting her but kept having urges to call her, only to be rejected and hurt me more. She's moved on already. So I told her in order for me to move on I need her out of my life, and after that i haven't heard from her in about a month now to this day. Everytime I have urges to call her, I am sober... so I get stoned and then I feel amazing like I'm not even going through a break up, so that makes me not end up being the weaker guy and calling her. i noticed that i've been getting stoned A LOT more because I feel like crap and have anxiety that make me feel like i want to throw up when I'm sober. yet when I'm stoned I feel like I am healed and everything is great. Is this bad? I don't want to be dependent on the drug and I want to feel normal when I am sober, but does this mean that I need to stay away from weed and deal with the hurt while I'm sober?

2. My opinion is that you listen to your heart, and not to us.
    If you want to smoke weed cause it soothes the pain, then do so.
    If you feel a bit guilty, and wanna try to get over it a bit while being sober ,do that.
    Keep a nice balance I'd say.
    But it's ok, hurting is not desired, and if there is a medicine put on this earth in the form of this plant, then by all means make use of it.

Good luck bro, I know how u feel.

3. fuck bitches dude get high all you want, mary jane will never leave you

4. Yeah, dude. MJ will always be your friend and will never play mind games or fuck with your head. But, remember, weed should enrich your life. Don't use it as an escape. She's meant for nothing but good times. Happy tokin'. :smoke:

5. So true. This morning I woke up around 11 and I usually wake & bake but I wanted to go a day without getting stoned to see how I felt. So as usual, in the mornings I never ever have an appetite to eat, so I didn't eat breakfast or anything. I took a drive to the mall for a bit before work. When I got into work, I was feeling alright until about 5pm when I felt like I had to throw up, The insides of my chest and stomach just felt very weird. I knew my body was very hungry, but I just didn't have an appetite to eat. When I saw someone smoking a cigarette, I thought about how I should have a joint right now. But wow I felt pretty sick at work. Until I got home, took a shower and quickly loaded my bowl....Took 2 hits and I'm hungry as hell eating a buffet a food. I don't know what it was that was making me sick all day, but now that weird feeling in my stomach and chest is completely gone. I can breathe easily and I'm eating a load... I guess maybe I just need to smoke everyday.... :smoking:

6. Go for it, at least for a week. then stop for a day or so to see how your feel.

7. Yeah I'd say try to ween yourself off it.

It's fine to use mj for a break up. If it helps you not think about her, than go for it. However, eventually you're going to need to move on to other things and other girls. Feeling the pain is fine and using weed to help with it is fine, but eventually you gotta enjoy life sober again.

Work on smoking less and you should be back to normal again in no time.

8. Yes it's bad. Figure yourself and your problems out sober, then smoke.

9. i don't think it matters, people smoke for different reasons and everyone has problems

10. i think you just have to work on getting over your ex..a lot of people smoke because they feel like shit when they dont but if u find a new chick (or get laid) then u probably wont have nearly as much anxiety throughout the day

11. #11 PennLaxPlayer, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    Weeds my only breakup tool. My buddies know when I have been through some shit when theres empty Tops packets everywhere, loose beer cans, empty 2 liters everywhere, shit loads of marijuana ash next to the computer chair from the ash tray being too far across the room. Blunts and joints being put out on stained wood desks that I made by hand, my cell phone is missing the back:)D no explanation needed I hope.) Or I need help replacing drywall(No explanation needed, I hope.)

Oh and its basically an essential that DMB or Peter Gabriel is playing. The one time I got in an argument while hanging out the second storyout window, with my neighbor, over my consitutional right to play Crash Into Me twenty times over, on a fully blasting sound system. And I specifically remember him saying something back, and me responding all sloshed, "Well on a state level I'm cool between 10pm and 5am anyways." Then slammed the window shut. :rollseyes:

My point is, don't worry about weed in a breakup. I know people who went on dope from breakups, youll be fine on weed. If anything it will help you just laugh and go "Fuck it, I've been through worse, or I will be going through worse eventually."

12. ^Yeah to PennLaxPlayer's response! Haha

Anyway, one of the medical uses of mj is to help with anxiety and such. That may be involved in why you're still thinking about her and want to call her. I think the key is everything in moderation in this delicate time. Maybe only use if it's aiding your situation in a complimentary way.

At that, I smoked a ton when my bf and I broke up. And it helped me a lot as opposed to alc or something, which just makes you call them or, worse, try and find them.

13. Yeah, my girlfriend just recently broke up with me rather unexpectedly not to long ago. It was right after I had gotten back home from a really long trip to and I missed her the entire time I was gone. Really big bummer to basically feel like I never truly got back because I was totally ready to get back on track with dating and loving her again but I guess she had other plans.

I know it is really hard and I know exactly what you are going through. I have also been smoking a lot more over the past two weeks since the break up. It has helped me mend the broken heart feelings and taken away the anxiety. It has also helped me to discover that she wasn't everything in my life and that a lot of my friends do care about me. It also has opened my eyes up to the fact that there are plenty of girls in this world that are just as cool as she was and even better looking, haha.

Of course, I will always feel as though a part of me was lost. I really, honestly, and truthfully loved her and cared so much for her. Sometimes I still think about what it would have been like for it to all have worked out. However, that doesn't help and ultimately I have to move on.

I hope you are able to move on too. Just remember that there are plenty of girls out there. I know it's a cliched thing to say but people are definitely disposable.

14. Just don't over do it, and keep your head straight aka stay aware of yourself and your feelings.

I've been doing the same thing lately and mj is the only thing that really makes me feel better. I'm an over thinker and when smoke it definately helps me get to a better place as in "fuck it" it also helps me realize there are other people out there and were not alone. Good luck.

15. Welcome to my world. Sucks don't it? I mean, I'm probably not extreme to the point where being sober sucks and I wanna throw up. But when I get sober I start thinking about things and doing things that I don't want to be, I just wanna be high. Being high is great cause anything can distract me. For instances I'm not thinking about the girl who ripped my heart and ran away with it (doh!!!) I'm hella into this post cause I'm all high. And then everything passes and is okay again.