Weed that smells like iso/rubbing alcohol?

Discussion in 'General' started by BUDDAMUNK, Oct 17, 2011.

1. My buddy had some really dank looking bud, shit was purple as fuck and pretty caked. But it had a really intense smell, that smelled kind of like isopropyl. Any ideas why?

2. Maybe it was soaked in iso to make some hash haha that would suck...smoke some & see how it is

3. We did smoke some, it seemed fine. The dude does sell hash now too, so I wouldn't put it past him. Just seems like a waste, looked like some good shit.

4. This is an oddly common question here, with no definite answer:(. Now, if you have access to a mass spec then we might get somewhere with this...:D

5. Hes sellin hash too?? Yeaa thats pretty sketchy
    Its not a waste for him cause if he just keeps the nugs whole and shakes them in iso, oz after oz could produce a good quantity of hash...then he dries the nugs & sells them haha

6. Can we get some pics?:)
    Most hash makers just keif their bud (and rip the customer off that way), but who knows.:confused_2:
    If you do think it is iso residue you may wish to let it air, spread out, till the smell dissipates.

7. I assume it's not bad for you, right? That's my only concern really. I don't have pics, but the bud was really purple (at least 80% covered), and it was pretty caked. It looked like really dank shit, the smell was the only strange thing.

8. I would not make eatables with it, but if you're smoking it without any unusual symptoms it should be OK.

9. I don't know man.. that's pretty weird. I surely wouldn't smoke any weed that smelled like it had traces of iso alcohol in it. But that's just me...