Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed that smells like hay?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by neil_raver, Dec 4, 2014.

1. I get my shit from the same dealer everytime and sometimes it has a really grassy/ hay smell as opposed to the normal dank/cat piss smell. Just wondering is something wrong with it? Maybe not dried properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Some high grade strains don't have a dank smell, some sativa strains have a piney smell.

And some times too if its not stored right it can lose smell.

3. Think that hay smell comes from improper drying and/or curing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Or that, lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. HAY!!!!!!!

6. The only time I got some weed that smelled like hay, it was weed that was picked too early, hadn't had a chance to properly dry, and hadn't been cured.

Unfortunately it didn't even get me that high (had to smoke like 5 bowls to feel anything), and sadly it came from "Hippies" who grew medical marijuana... (fucking assholes took my money and gave me shwag...)

7. [quote name="neil_raver" post="21019868" timestamp="1417727421"]I get my shit from the same dealer everytime and sometimes it has a really grassy/ hay smell as opposed to the normal dank/cat piss smell. Just wondering is something wrong with it? Maybe not dried properly?

Probably the best weed you've ever had. Hay kush is one of my favorite strains. The smell might confuse you but hay kush is worth like 20 a gram.

8. hey well it's better then a mold smell right

9. Dry hay would fall into the "earthy" kinda smells. probably grown outdoors. outdoor bud has potential  :smoke:

10. not harvested properly

11. This. They done dried to fast and fucked up the cure.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 JaysForDays, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    [quote name="That One Stoner" post="21025474" timestamp="1417828601"][quote name="neil_raver" post="21019868" timestamp="1417727421"]I get my shit from the same dealer everytime and sometimes it has a really grassy/ hay smell as opposed to the normal dank/cat piss smell. Just wondering is something wrong with it? Maybe not dried properly?

Probably the best weed you've ever had. Hay kush is one of my favorite strains. The smell might confuse you but hay kush is worth like 20 a gram.[/quote]

dude, shut up..

13. No.

14. I live in California and outdoor goes for like 5 a gram so I smoke it all day long. I've never had a hay/grassy smell. Its due to bad drying and an inexperienced grower.

If your weed smells like cat piss, you have a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  16. if it smells like hay throw it away is my moto

17. #17 Acid Man, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    mine is: if it smells like hay smoke it anyway
    I smoked nearly a whole ounce of stuff that smelled of hay but i grew it myself and for some reason the cure/drying stage didnt go to plan,
    no nice flavours or smell but fucked you up like any normal bud

18. idk im paranoid about mold so I don't do it, but its rare for me to ever come across hay weed

19. fair game, tbh if i had gotten that hay smelling weed from dealer instead then i would probabaly dump it or question him,