Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed That Makes Your Mouth/tongue/lips Numb?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tree Of Life, May 31, 2013.

1. I assume there's some type of pesticide sprayed on it or something. It tastes weird and makes my mouth numb. It did look a little funny. It was a lot darker than normal. It wasn't like a normal dark, it was like abnormally dark. It was also very sticky, but not in a normal way, if that makes sense. More like it was sprayed with bug spray or something. All I have is a bowl left anyway. Anybody ever have something like this happen?

2. Do you know your dealer well?  Do you think there is any reason they would do something like that?  Maybe some jackass sprayed it with something but idk, never encountered that

3. Well I've been buying from him for years now. I was there when his guy dropped off the bud. He scaled it out in front of me so it wasn't him. Maybe it was the guy my guy got it from or maybe even his guy or the guy before that... :smoking: You don't think it could be a pesticide? I thought I read something about pesticides causing numbness in the mouth, but I could be wrong. :bongin:

4. I've heard such things but I have no firsthand knowledge of it.  Maybe you're just getting a curious high from this stuff somehow?  Is there anything else besides the numbness and taste that is out of the ordinary? 

I've def had some weird tasting bud before, but I dont think I've had numbness of the mouth

Since you've been buying from this guy for a while, he seems trustworthy and likely has no reason to play you.  Same with the supplier.  Sounds like some strange anomaly

5. It doesn't taste horrible, but I can definitely tell there's something wrong with this bud. The high's a little 'off' too. Very weird stuff. I'm just glad it's gone and I hope he has some decent stuff this time... This guy doesn't make any sense, for weeks he'll have all these different Sour Diesels that are all great, and then he gives me this bullshit. I swear I would pay extra just to make sure it was high quality everytime. I would literally pay $150 for a quarter of real top shelf nug right now. That's how desperate I am... :cry:

6. It doesn't taste horrible, but I can definitely tell there's something wrong with this bud. The high's a little 'off' too. Very weird stuff. I'm just glad it's gone and I hope he has some decent stuff this time... This guy doesn't make any sense, for weeks he'll have all these different Sour Diesels that are all great, and then he gives me this bullshit. I swear I would pay extra just to make sure it was high quality everytime. I would literally pay $150 for a quarter of real top shelf nug right now. That's how desperate I am... :cry:
    </blockquote>
    Hmmmmmm. Seems sketchy to me man. Find yourself a different hookup

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Twistedweather, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    Could have sprayed it with pesticide
    or a research chemical, which can alter the buzz and give  unwanted effects

not cool,  if you can avoid this sketchy experience from happening again do so

8. I have a theory assuming your pal wouldn't sell crap with poison spayed on it. How about overfed with nutrients? Makes for kinda super sticky, dense, odd tasting weed that makes your mouth/tongue/throat numb feeling. And not in a good way numb.

9. I’ve smoked weed with “PGR’s” or “Plant growth hormones” and had what feels like a rash on the top of my mouth instantly. Then a numb feeling after.
    Is it super dense? Almost like wood?

10. OP is 5 years old..

11. Anytime I get flower from a dispensary it does that.

12. Well that’s not good lmao

13. Hey man yah it's probably just good weed I find that weed sometimes does that to me numb my lips I just grew gods green crack for Jordan off the island no pesticides and percent all organic notill Have that same problem with this one strain lol so of you know the guy chances are it's just the weed

14. This can happen from nugs grown 100% organically as well - I had different varieties of cannabis do this while making my own soil from various items harvested from my on property and no fertilizers or pesticides used so it’s definitely just one of the traits of cannabis and not necessarily a bad thing at all.

j

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Are you guys all serious right now? Dude!!! Your weed starting to go bad. As in mold and mildew. Fuzzy tongue, numb and shit? You guys don’t know nada bout rotten or bad weed? It won’t hurt ya anyway unless you a weakling but doubt you are. I just blaze a fatty of natural history meat breath that I accidentally left bovedas in and froze and then I thawed the jar out closed without giving it any breathing room so the moisture got to it. I just picked all the extra dark purple leaves and bud parts that were little “slimy” (that be whatcha call the stickiness you were referring to) and any beige on the inside and removed whiteish stem, dried weed out for an hour, put in new clean container and back in the freezer. Then I blazed a doob of all that kinda bad ahit I picked off I ain’t wastin that and I’m here now bout to smoke a cig and then smoke some blue nova. Yeah. That’s all it was mang.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Invest in the micro or get a macro lens so you can get up close. You’ll see the difference between purps and rot, see the bendy soft white fuzz on the inner stem and the difference between crystal trichromes and mildew formation cause lotta peeps think mildew is in fact crystal when nope it’s bud sweat to the fullest hah. I kinda like the numb mouth myself shits trippy af

17. #17 Ultramaxx, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    I’ve had numbness when the high was wearing off trying to sleep but otherwise it’s very strange . It’s probably not pesticides or you’d be very sick I’d think . Thc can have weird effects unexplainable sometimes .. happens
    When I first smoked almost 10 years ago I mixed it with everclear and was under a hallucination trip for a few hours … scary af
    My one freind I was with dont go near weed anymore … I told him it was the liquor …

18. Green Crack did that to me!