Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed that looks and smells like weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Faramir, Mar 22, 2013.

1. but the smoke smells saltish?

the weed looks fine, smells fine, and other people smoked it and liked it. it got me high, but the smoke smells a little saltish or something

im not sure what it is. any blades here with similar experiences?

2. you didn't mention what you smoked it out of. If you used glass, maybe the piece was just cleaned with salt & iso?

3. ^ This.

Does the smoke taste bad?

4. i smoked it out of an aluminum foil bong

just lost my glass pipe :(

hmm ill update u guys on the smoke taste when i smoke again

5. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say, it was the aluminum foil bong

hahaha

6. >aluminum foil
    >doesn't know where the bad taste is coming from.

You dun goofed

7. lol ive smoked out of aluminum foil many times tho, its never smelled like this before.

im gonna try it out of a normal pipe and bong later today tho

that will confirm whether it was the aluminum foil

8. Lol, for real op? sometimes I wish I could be blissfully ignorant.

9. [quote name='"BotanistJJ"']Lol, for real op? sometimes I wish I could be blissfully ignorant.[/quote]

They should take the warning labels off everything and let natural selection just happen.

Op good luck on your tinfoil pipe, dunno why more people don't do this...

10. why are you guys ignoring me and assuming alum foil pipes are bad just because theyre ghetto?

i already said ive smoked out of aluminum foil many times. so have my friends. we're poor as hell

ive never smelt the saltish thing before. neither have any of my friends

11. Foil pipes aren't bad cause they're ghetto they're bad cause of all the chems your inhaling when using.....

Poor as hell can't afford a dollar to get some papers?

12. theres already been a thread on this, you dont inhale any chemicals. nothing wron with foil, i just mad a bowl of it and am about to light up right now.

probably just the strain of weed, or the dealer couldve put salt on it to make it look crystaly and weigh more, but i dont think so....

13. maybe it wasn't flushed of the fertilizers used to grow the bud, sometimes when this happens it makes it taste funny

14. joints and blunts use too much weed

also its sooo frustrating how theres nothing conclusive about it.

some of the facts however-

1. my aluminum foil i use does NOT give off smoke when i put a lighter on it, even a long time
    2. the whole alzheimers thing is about people being exposed to aluminum, which is in a hell of a lot of things. alum foil pipes alone cant be to blame
    3. at the very least im the better safe than sorry type, and im going to the head shop later today to buy more glass. i only smoke alum foil pipes very occasionally

15. This is a possibility!

With bottled nutrients, if you don't flush properly salt builds up on the roots.

16. Sure you don't mean 'floral' or spicy?

17. Look up the fumes that come off, thats why you dont see aluminum nails...

18. i just said that no fumes come off when i put a lighter to it . . . . even for an extended period of time

however invisible vapors can come off and i wud be unaware

but meh

19. it tastes and SMELLS like weed, but SMELLS like salt? does salt even have a smell? and i wouldnt be worried about aluminum vapors, a good rule to remember is metals dont go from solid to gas. it would have to melt then evaporate to be gas, no lighter is that hot, and im pretty darn sure aluminum doesnt work like dry ice.

20. Can afford weed, but can't afford a 5 dollar pipe? lol wtf

Seriously though, that's pretty strange about the weed. I've smoked a lot of strains that taste and smell totally different after they are burned, but nothing "salty"

Did your friends report the same kind of taste?