Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed take away the pain for you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JackJoker, Feb 20, 2013.

1. i have allot of emotional pain not physical had allot of bad experiences in my life mainly family issues and school and stress ect i found it so hard to deal with this and then at the age of 18 i started smoking the herb and it just took the pain away.

is it like this for anyone else?

2. If you get high to avoid emotional pain, you're not solving any problems. Instead, you're just perpetuating the emotional pain and potentially making it worse. Say you have an infection on your foot, but just keep putting band-aids on it. You're covering it up and and it may help a little... but unless you actually treat the infection, it's not going to heal and will just keep getting worse and worse with time.

That's not to say cannabis can't be used to help recover from emotional pain, but don't use it as a crutch. Make sure you're not smoking to "escape" a painful reality. Cannabis won't cure your past scars, only you can do that. So don't expect to just keep smoking and somehow overcome whatever troubles you face. Marijuana, like all other substances, can still be abused and will have negative effects when doing so.

3. It doesn't take away the pain for me, instead it makes me forget that I'm in pain so ya it works lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nope I smoke weed to get high tbh

5. I smoke weed for physical pain (bulging disk in my back) but also just for the enjoyment of it

6. I smoke weed for the physical pain. My friend however is going through a tough family death, and I've noticed that the amount that she's smoking has grown a lot.

7. when im high i can create my own therapist in my head lol. i honestly feel im better off after smoking.

8. Use cannabis when you're happy dude, I made the same mistake and I ended up just being dependent on it whenever I'm down in the dumps.

9. Depending on the perspective you use it in. It can be used to aid many mental problems imo

10. yes i know man a friend of mine whos 19 his mum died and his been smoking allot now picks up a Q every week

11. Yeah, both mental and physical

12. Marijuana just puts my thoughts in the moment, and makes me feel more content. It's definitely a good pick me up when you're just feeling down in the dumps, but it helps when you have a good friend there to cheer you up.

13. I don't know about you, but a high on a sunny day at the beach with the girlfriend is much better than using it to treat any kind of emotional wound.

14. It makes me not care about pain and feel like a lot of my problems aren't worth being upset over. It doesn't solve my bigger problems, but it helps me distinguish them from the things that don't matter.

You have to be careful with self-medicating though. I enjoy other things about smoking, and being less stressed out is just a nice side-effect.

15. Anxiety disorders especially. At my present stage of life the aforementioned is the only real reason I still smoke weed, and I'm sure to a significant degree it is just habit. For many years I have enjoyed a pipe or three every evening/night. It has become my routine.

16. I find it takes away my back and knew pains which I contribute to growing pains, maybe not take them away but I don't notice them and my back definitely feels looser, less stiff, and I find I can run without my knees hurting.

As far as emotional pain I used to smoke when I got depressed but I try bit to associate the two so I don't develop a dependency. If I deserve a hit after a long week of bullshit though you'd better believe I'm gonna get high, but I find its more of a reward and stress reliever than a painkiller.

17. Ya i'd say its more of a i pay less attention to the pain. But yes it mildy treats pains for me :) for high cbd strains anywho.

18. Yeah for my back then mentally clears my minds.

19. smokes makes me happy when im in pain. Smoke gives me silent time to think of my pain and solve it.