Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed steaming/smoking when breaking up into grinder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by illogical, May 25, 2020.

1. So I noticed this one bud I was breaking up to put in a grinder, every time I broke a lil bit off to put in the grinder a small puff of steam/smoke/idk made a tiny cloud as it broke off. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I cannot get a good enough video of it.

2. Sounds like you need a humidor

spiral out, keep going

3. I hope thats what it is. I left my jar open for a day or two to let this dry out a bit since it was it was really gunking up the grinder. I've just never seen it make a lil puff upon breaking up a nug. wanted to make sure I didn't introduce some kind of mold or something to my weed haha

4. There should be no little puffs of smoke, it does sound like a mold, inspect it closely.

:smoke:

5. I've only witnessed one nug do it so far. Although I still have a good amount left in the rest of the jar so there could be more. I smoked that nug and I'm not dead yet. Broke up a couple nugs after that one and they were normal. I'm puzzled and hoping letting it dry out didn't expose it to something. All I did was leave the lid off the jar...

6. Yeah, you'd think it would help dry it depending on the relative humidity.
    The puff of smoke raised a red flag for me. Unless it could have been kief or ground bud from the grinder cover?

:smoke:

7. My guy claimed it was "fire" so I'm really hoping its kief and I'm not in the hospital soon for a lung infection lol. It was just weird seeing a puff of smoke and it linger in the air...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah that’s a. Big issue , gotta keep an eye on buds over moistureized ... better dry then moldy
    Op what do you store weed in??

9. I use a Ball Mason Jar. This stuff was not dry when I got it. I had to dry it out even more. The puff came AFTER drying it out.

10. lol wtf its sparkin itself :smoke:

• Like Like x 1