Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Starting to Cause Anxiety

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Havax, May 15, 2018.

1. I've smoked weed on and off for about 5 years, and everyday (give or take) for the past 9 months. Lately however (past month or so) it's been giving me anxiety, and racing negative thoughts. It doesn't matter how much I smoke; it could be a baby hit, or I could clear an entire bowl but it produces the same exact effects, can't tell a difference (such a small hit shouldn't "normally" get me so messed up). I'm no longer able to focus on whatever I'm doing because the negative thoughts are so overwhelming (What's wrong with me, what should I change to fix this, or this). I can't even smoke at parties anymore, because it makes me to socially anxious, and reclusive.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I know I'm going to take a break, tonight's probably my first full day without getting stoned in I don't know how long, so here I am.

2. Have you tried mixing some CBD oil/pills with your smoking, or if you have access to it, CBD strains? I know CBD has helped me quite a bit, it basically counteracts the bad/anxiety effects of marijuana.

3. I had to quit years ago for many years for that same reason. It was even worse than your experience because the paranoia spilled over into when I was straight. I ended up in therapy because of it.

I'm okay now.

Good luck.