weed star bongs & US style bongs in general - don't want no screen!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by choo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. as an Australian until recently i'd only ever seen home made bongs and the typical glass/ceramic with brass downtube...

now these have always had the classic "bonza" stems and cones, chop your weed as fine as you like, dump it in the cone piece and chances are you won't loose any down the hole at all!.

now i'm looking for a "quality" bong, iv pretty much decided on the weed star mesias illusion: HEADSHOP BONG GLASBONG BONGS KAUFEN WEED-STAR Headshop - WS Style Line - Messias illusion online shop

however... are there any attachments I can get to make it like a good ol aussie bong? I don't plan to spend this kind of $ only to leave the bong sitting in the corner unloved as I can never be bothered loading it.

and yes, before anyone asked I have used some US style bongs, I just dislike the bowl style and large holes they have.

2. I have no comment lol so instead of buying a quality tube you say that your fucking shit china ceramic with brass downstem and cone is the best..........

Lol good ol aussie bong hahahahaha

3. i'm not saying that at all, i'm saying OBVIOUSLY the good glass on glass is far better in terms of the way it hits HOWEVER I don't like the bowl style and would prefer something more like im used to. I'm asking if any of the glass blowers make a bowl with a very small hole and small capacity.

4. i dont know what US bongs you have used but my slides dont have that big of a hole or maybe you should try a vap

ps why would you want china glass over US glass dosnt make much sense but what do i know

5. If that's what you think he said based on his post, then I suggest you may need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

6. You can buy slides in all shapes, sizes and designs. The selection is nearly unlimited. You just have to make sure that the joint size is the correct size for your piece. Most are either 18.8 or 14.5.

7. I see where you are coming from...once you get used to something...you typically prefer that method or design.

Most of the glass that is designed today is designed for the purpose of smoking marijuana or ground up tobacco, so most of the holes on the more quality glass will tend to be about the same size. Most people I know don't use screens, you don't really lose that much bud. The small capacity part is easier to find. Your best bet is to buy the bong and then buy a new slide for it that fits your liking. It will be an aditional 25-50 dollars for a decent functional slide. Obviously you can buy them for more expensive.
    The best way to find one is to just look at online sites and look at pictures. Avoid anything that says party bowl or 1g capacity or something like that.
    Depending on how small you want to go they have "snapper" or "solo" size bowls that are meant for one person.