Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed smells like joy washing detergent

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Thenewgrower42, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I cut off a bud and harvested it after the 3rd day in the drying process it starts to smelling like drying detergent. What could it be or is it normal what's strains are known for smelling like this?

2. it's poisoned. send it to me

3. Hmmmmm, sounds like some detergent dank

4. Dealer probably had the bag wrapped in dryer sheets or something. No biggy, but it'll probably taste a little funky.

Edit: Lol I didn't even read what you posted :bongin: Uhmmm, I have no idea really. But same deal, did you cure the bud anywhere near detergent/laundry room?

5. Must be some joy detergent kush.

6. sounds like the high will be nice and.....clean :smoke:

7. yeah dude. that's how i make my qwiso. run it through some downy, let that shit evap, and smoke away!

8. #8 1sttimegrower, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    @ modest someone didn't read thoroughly, haha...

OP, different bud has a different smell in each stage. Buds smell and taste are more specific to the grower and conditions than the strain except for very few.

No one here can tell you what bud it is unless they themselves grew it and remembered it smelled like detergent during drying; GL on finding that one. Forgot to add also that unless his conditions were closely mimicking your grow style it won't help anyways, even if this hypothetical "he" had your same strain.

The cured end product will only slightly resemble what it smells like now.

I don't know if its normal, but chances are unless you did something really weird in growing, or during the harvest, you're good. Just watch the plants and make sure they don't dry TOO slowly or mold might crop up (if you have good air circulation, not on the buds, this shouldn't be a problem)

9. Lol I got a good laugh from this but past this point SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!