weed smells like alfalfa... lol help pls

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stankalicous, Jun 20, 2012.

1. I want to eventually start my own grow. For now I am stuck smoking the stuff that the inlaws grow at their place.. the batch a few months back barely smelled but it got you high, and wasnt to bad ... this last one they totally screwed the pooch.. their weed smells just like alfalfa or hay and its super harsh to smoke (hurts ur throat).. when they lived at their other house the stuff came out great. Then the plants had their own room and nkw they are in a closet.. one thing that stood out to me is that they dont have good air intake, Just what air comes in under the door and a fan blowing air into a stank filter then up into the attic with a reg house fan in the closet... also she stated that when the buds were hung they were super crispy dry in 3 days, and in the other house it was 5-6 days.. then they put them in an oven bag and stir them around every day ... one thing i did do for them was set up a yeast/sugar co2 system to kinda help the plants a little because i dont think they are getting e ough fresh air.....
    Can you guys help me out here?..

2. [quote name='"Stankalicous"']I want to eventually start my own grow. For now I am stuck smoking the stuff that the inlaws grow at their place.. the batch a few months back barely smelled but it got you high, and wasnt to bad ... this last one they totally screwed the pooch.. their weed smells just like alfalfa or hay and its super harsh to smoke (hurts ur throat).. when they lived at their other house the stuff came out great. Then the plants had their own room and nkw they are in a closet.. one thing that stood out to me is that they dont have good air intake, Just what air comes in under the door and a fan blowing air into a stank filter then up into the attic with a reg house fan in the closet... also she stated that when the buds were hung they were super crispy dry in 3 days, and in the other house it was 5-6 days.. then they put them in an oven bag and stir them around every day ... one thing i did do for them was set up a yeast/sugar co2 system to kinda help the plants a little because i dont think they are getting e ough fresh air.....
    Can you guys help me out here?..[/quote]

A harsh smoke usually is because the buds dried too quickly. A longer dry/cure process usually results in better tasting, better hitting marijuana.

3. Ya... like i said they are crispy critters in 3 days... she dries them in the same closet.... what can we do?

4. [quote name='"Stankalicous"']Ya... like i said they are crispy critters in 3 days... she dries them in the same closet.... what can we do?[/quote]

Nothing but wait until next harvest.
    Then, you can attempt to increase humidity or decrease the airflow so it takes longer for the buds to dry.

5. Gotcha.... so do you think the lack of good air intake is an issue?

6. [quote name='"Stankalicous"']Gotcha.... so do you think the lack of good air intake is an issue?[/quote]

If you mean during growing it can slow it's growth but wouldn't result in a harsh smoke. If you mean during the drying process then this would be a cause of it drying too quickly

7. During the growing process ya... but i hear what ur sayin.. will leave the fan off next time or whatever shez doin... I'll. See her in a lil bit and ask how she's drying them... and the smell? ... like old lawn clippings lol... think thats from drying too quik too?

8. If she is drying them in the same closet as growing plants, the light will also degrade the thc. Need it dark and cool with good air flow, then jar after a few days.

9. Same closet with the lights off...something about this new house.. its dryin them too fast... now they got a bad batch of clones from the club and they dont have any more......so were kinda screwed.... at the moment.... (sigh)