Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed slowing down perception of time

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tyorke, Jan 19, 2012.

1. So guys I've been wondering about this for a while. Whenever I'm high I always notice the most subtle details in music that I never would have noticed while sober. Things like a slight phaser affect on a snare drum, or a weird shaker in the background or something...just like crazy stuff that makes music awesome to listen to.

Do you think that this is because there's like some "filter" in your brain that tries to keep you locked in with time and that weed allows you to switch it off or on at will? Because if I just am listening to the music in the background, like not concentrating hard on it, it sounds like normal speed. But if I focus in, I can really pick apart small parts and it seems like it's slowed down.

I think it might be one of the reasons why I (and a lot of people) find smoking in public with a lot of non-high people to be kind of disconcerting...everything's rushing around so fast, and I feel like I normally "choose" the slow version of things and just relax and enjoy the high rather than doing the everyday bustle of life bit.

Dunno where I'm going with this, but I'm blazed, so it's not going to get any better. :D Thoughts?

2. Yeah shit goes slow i know exactly what you mean.
    Sometimes I find myself repeating actions but like a wave, sort of like in cartoons when they show a character in fast motion(like their afterimage).

3. damn i wish i still had that low tolerance :cool:

4. I always love listening to a song high for the first time. It's like you completely rediscover the awesomeness of it.

5. I just switch between vaping during the week and bong hits on the weekend. I have a ridiculously low tolerance heh...I'm sure it'll go up naturally with time but I don't feel any need to push it. Usually like .1 in the MFLB or 1 or 2 bong hits is all it takes. Granted, it's really dank stuff.

6. Listening to music is fucking awesome when high. Also watching south park.