Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed runs in the blood?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pinkfloyd94, Dec 22, 2011.

1. After putting all this together, I came up with the perfect theory. It seems like if a parent smoked in their teen years it gets passed on to you. Almost every person I know that smokes weed had a parent who did it in their teen years. My dad smoked in high school till he was 23. And I just found this out not too long ago. Anyone else agree that it gets passed down through blood?

2. Its possible since a lot of times alcoholism is hereditary but I don't think smokin weed is. My dad's never touched it, his dad never touched it. And my mom didn't either.

3. *facepalm* Your theory is flawless. The ability to smoke is totally passed down through blood.

4. Genetic predispositions for affinity of certain substances tend to run strongly in families, yes.

5. I mean I wasn't actually being serious about it being hereditary... but Idk if its a coincidence or of it is, possibly, passed down

6. yea both my parents smoke weed still my dad started smoking weed when he was 17 and my mom first got high when she was a little kid and accidently ate my grandmas pot brownie in the freezer and had to go to her gymnastics class all fucked up.

7. Not really a genetic thing... Considering something like 75% of people (I believe the survey I'm thinking of was done in the US) have admitted to smoking cannabis, at least at some point during their life, and those are just the folks who admit it, it's more likely that one or both of your parents smoked during their youth, than it is that they didn't, regardless whether or not you're a toker yourself. :)

That being said, like most creatures on earth, we are born with an endocannabinoid system that works very nicely with supplemented cannabis cannabinoids. ;)

8. Yes, it is hereditary or at best, children of potheads are predisposed to smoke weed.

9. hmmmm maybe! but my parents didn't get into weed, unless they won't tell me. and same with my friend.. her parents are indian and super strict and totally look down on drugs. but we toke all the time because we love being high! it's so much funnnnn

10. LOL this is true both my parents smoked my dad used to when he was still alive, and all my friends parents smoke or smoked

11. Id say it's more on the lines of people just love smoking weed.

12. :confused: it either is or isnt, but more specifically... it isnt! :smoking:

13. The alcoholism thing isn't clear. Statistically, it acts like its hereditary, but alcoholism has such a high comorbidity with depression that nobody's sure what's going on there. Does depression run in families and the alcohol is just an environmental constant? Who knows.

I doubt love for the herb is hereditary. I'm sure kids whose parents toked are probably just that much more likely to try it because they live in a more relaxed family atmosphere. My parents both tried it (and a lot of unmentionables), and I didn't have any qualms about starting smoking when I was in my teens.

14. my moms uncle was a stoner back in el salvador, but my mom wasnt....idk my dad so idk if he was or wasnt :/

15. I think this might be true. From what I've heard my grandparents were stoners. I dont know my dad but I hear he is a stoner. And well me and my brothers are all stoners. Oh and I'm just about certain my mom was but she's all anti weed though now. It probably is hereditary.

16. It's true. Things like that DO get passed down, it's a psychological thing.

If both of your parents were dis positioned towards something, you will be too

Now i'm not saying it's coded in your DNA that you will like weed, It's more like, in your head when the decision to toke or not comes, you'll be more likely to toke, than not

17. i think most of the time its if the kid sees something when they are younger...then it gets passed on. if the kid saw their parents drink all the time then yea they will prolly drink! same goes with smoking i think. you may not even remember seeing or hearing them talk about this stuff but subconsciencously (fuck i cant spell but you get it) your gonna do it! damn im high lmao

18. It would be more environment than genetics.

19. everybody smokes weed :smoke:
    maybe thats it

20. [quote name='"(d)bubba(k)"']yea both my parents smoke weed still my dad started smoking weed when he was 17 and my mom first got high when she was a little kid and accidently ate my grandmas pot brownie in the freezer and had to go to her gymnastics class all fucked up.[/quote]

Lmfao!!!