Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed-related chest pains

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Roj0, Dec 5, 2012.

1. I've been smoking since I was 13, i'm currently 19. Always been an active/relatively healthy individual. When I was 18, I got put on probation for possession & paraphanelia, and started smoking the various spices. Everything was fine for a few months, until one night I was smoking a bowl of spice (I belive zombie matter was the name) and I got terrible chest pains, I felt light headed and my whole body was pale, so I laid down and woke up feeling perfectly fine the next morning.

Needless to say, I haven't smoked any form of synthetic since that incident.

I started smoking weed again shortly after that incident, and everything was fine for about 4 months, until one day, I was just smoking normally, and got the chest pains with weed too. I've been to the doctor, and they did all tests they could think of, and everything came back fine. They said the only remote possibility would be a blood clot, but to due to my age and being active, that was highly unlikely. They said marijuana shouldn't cause chest pains (unless it's anxiety) and gave me a speech on the dangers of marijuana.

If I take one or two hits, i'm fine and just get a very light high, but in a social situation, I prefer to smoke out with my friends. It's a common thing for us, and I enjoy it. I just can't seem to figure out what could be causing it, and I haven't really found anything about people having the same problem.

Any kind of insight on the situation is welcome and appreciated.

2. Stick to clean, organic Cannabis and you shouldn't have any problems. I see people grow up smoking clean Cannabis...they puff down hard and they got nothing wrong with them...no pains or anything like that.

3. it was definitley the spice that shit is horrible my lil bro smoked like 4 blunts with his friends one night and fell asleep for three days waking up only to drink water i almost called 911 there is no way it came frome weed unless it had mold on it or something of that nature...the growers fault! highly doubtable though! FUCK SPICE that fake shit isd the devil just smoke weed and if the chest pains dont stop quit for a bit let your body recover or buy a vape !

4. I know, I don't think it's the weed, I might just be psyching myself out.

5. I've had friends tell me to try making edibles or vaping it, haven't been able to afford a vape though. Think i'm just gonna lay off for a few months, then start off with some edibles to make sure I know it isn't actually the THC. (I already know it isn't, I just need to make sure I don't sub-consciously think it is)

6. If you mix it with tobacco, that could hurt your chest (if so, use less tobacco, more weed).

Otherwise it's probably nerve-related. Weed can amplify certain feelings, and if those feelings lead to incorrect breathing, tenseness, stress, etc., then weed will exacerbate the situation. At least certain strains will. In other words, keep away from anything stemming from that Haze grandfather, and others.

If it's psychological (probably), deal with the underlying problem and the symptoms should disappear, any cannabis will again be enjoyable. Learn to meditate.

If anything, cannabis is more likely to help than to hurt someone's chest. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties are well documented.

-mu

7. I don't smoke tobacco at all. :p

8. that just means you smokin good mane, embrace the pain

Hey that rhymed lol

9. These are more panic attack type chest pains, not just coughing pains lol.