Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed really hurting my lungs lately..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hash Browns, Jul 17, 2012.

1. I've been smoking weed for about 7-8 years, cigarettes for about 3 or 4 and for the most part haven't noticed any problems from smoking either.

Lately though, when I smoke weed my lungs start to itch and I go into a coughing fit that can last quite a while sometimes. This has even been happening to me when vaping too, like on sunday night when I was hitting my boys volcano with 4 or 5 other people and I couldn't hit it without going into a 30+ second coughing fit.
    After we vaped a few bags we loaded the bubbler which was a reallly nice bubbler with an ashcatcher and some other hook-ups and shit, mother fucker hit super smooth but totally raped my lungs and I decided to stop smoking.

I can smoke newports all day and doesn't bother my lungs at all, but damn I hit anything with weed in it and it's like my lungs are on fire yo! Anyone know what's up?

peace -hashbrowns

2. All the newports have loosened the pickle jar of your lung pain, and the weed just pops the lid off. Stop smoking cigs or cut down and let your lungs heal

also try switching to the vape exclusively, to get your lungs back in shape before you start burning weed again

3. You know WHY the Newports don't bother your lungs as much? :confused_2:

It is because tobacco paralyzes the cilia so they can't do their job- clean out the lungs! All that tobacco shit just stays in your lungs! :eek:

Smoking & The Cilia | LIVESTRONG.COM

Cannabis does NOT paralyze the cilia, so they can still clean out the smoke particles like they are supposed to! Your lungs are frantically cleaning out not only the smoke particles from the cannabis, but all those remaining from the tobacco smoke, too! :eek:

Quit the tobacco!

Granny :wave:

4. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']You know WHY the Newports don't bother your lungs as much? :confused_2:

It is because tobacco paralyzes the cilia so they can't do their job- clean out the lungs! All that tobacco shit just stays in your lungs! :eek:

Smoking & The Cilia | LIVESTRONG.COM

Cannabis does NOT paralyze the cilia, so they can still clean out the smoke particles like they are supposed to! Your lungs are frantically cleaning out not only the smoke particles from the cannabis, but all those remaining from the tobacco smoke, too! :eek:

Quit the tobacco!

Granny :wave:[/quote]

thanks for the post, didnt know this

5. Quit the tobacco, vape only and give your lungs time to heal my friend!

6. Granny your always right on :smoke:

7. Just take a break man mostly from the Cigs .. Vape or if possible eat edibles

Best of luck man

8. Vaporize, quit smoking cigs

9. Stop with the newports man there killing you ! :/