Weed Really Fucked Up My Life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Breh, Feb 17, 2009.

1. and biscuits :D

2. haha thats weird cause if anything weed makes me more self conscious and more anxious about social situations. not to the point that makes me wanna stop toking, but it certainly doesnt help in the same ways it seems to be helping youse.

3. Weed makes everyone realize one thing. It makes them realize one thing, that lifes full of bullshit and you just gotta try to live the best you can and have fun.

~blasted

4. I always have gotten decent grades...3.4 GPA in high school and first semester at college. Since i started smoking my second semester freshman year, I have gotten 3.8 GPAs back to back (I'm a sophomore). Can't sat that that's due to weed lol, but it definitely proves that it doesn't fuck up your life like some people think :rolleyes:

5. I was born with nystagmus and optic distortion, im legally blind, suffer from insomnia and depression, anxiety and some schizophrenia. I have smoked 1-5 times daily since i was 13, and without the mj my life would be miserable. I tried to kill myself multiple occasions when i was a teenager, and was extremely reclusive and lonely. One day however i smoked some herb, and ive never gone back... For me its almost purely medicinal, being high is really fun in itself, but the THC reacts with my brain in such a way that my vision improves SIGNIFICANTLY (1000% actually, im 20/200 without thc in my body and 20/20 when i do), and so does my depression and other things.... i see the beauty in nature and im not completely introverted and self destructive anymore. I love my life thanks to marijuana. I cant believe its illegal, and i believe everyone in the world would benifit from it. Oh yeah, and before i smoked weed i had a D average, now i have a 4.0 GPA thanks purely to it. Im certain that without marijuana, i would be dead now. :smoke:

6. i was diagnosed with depression and put on lexapro. it didn't help i wanted to kill myself and stuff. but ever since i started smoking weed i was taken off the lexapro, not had a suicidal thought, been very happy even when i'm not high, and more sociable. it has greatly improved my life and i still make a's.

7. this guy is so right.

8. #28 IglooBuds, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    I guess it depends on if he just smoked weed to try to cure his depression, or if he started smokin' weed then wasn't depressed anymore..

But the way I see it is if a guy feels like killin' himself, smokes some buds, then doesn't feel like
    killin' himself anymore, thats a great thing.

9. THC just seems to like make me step out of my mind-set, analyze shit without prejudice or outside influences and get an honest, straight up observation 100% my own.

10. exactly how i feel. +rep man! :smoke:

11. It chills me out here at college. Smoke some on a Wednesday or Thursday, and it feels like it's the weekend. :smoke:

12. marijuana has made me a better person in many different aspects, it has changed my outlook on life, my outlook on myself, helped me communicate with people i couldn't before, calmed my anger problems, eased my chronic pain in my wrist(tendon problems) and much more. most of all, i'm bi-polar, and the mood-stabilizers they put me on just make me vomit, so weed helps that, originally just to keep the vomit down but now i just medicate with the MJ and it makes it all better :) keep tokin, for life, because i know for sure if i stopped, i'd fall apart. :smoke:

13. made me realize what the world needs

and what fun really is pretty much

14. SO true. Unfortunately, at the time I started smoking, it was a turning pt in my life, of wanting to "take charge of my own life" and decided things for myself, instead of letting others biased advice and opinions influence me so much. There were a lot of negative influences in my life then, friends that I have since grown apart from, etc.
    I spent so much of my life trying to please others, beating myself up over school, trying to no avail to do everything perfect for my parents, etc. without really realizing that was what I was doing. When I was a senior in HS, I finally decided that enough was enough and it was my year to try new things, relax and just enjoy myself. :smoke:
    "Trying" weed was part of that... and look where I am now- down a few pessimistic so-called friends, but plus a bunch of amazing new ppl I would never have met w/o MJ... and of course I have a different outlook on life. Although sometimes THC does help the negatives of this world be revealed to me, I also feel empowered to find my own solution, or just accept things the way they are and make the best of it. Do what you can w/ what ya got, thats all anyone can ask :rolleyes:

15. This is a two sided coin, its nice to know there are people using it for medical reasons, it almost makes me feel unworthy to smoke weed, but i hate it when you see that pal whos all sad and shit and they just wanna get high. Sometimes you need to just stop and think about shit, and don't lie to me you can't to do all that well when your high. Instead of getting high ive felt that just letting it out helps sometimes, or just sitting back and thinking for a bit, then get high. Works for me.:smoke:

16. i have a question for people who feel like this guy^

do u think weed has had that effect on you overall, or just while high? i smoke occasionally but i've been thinking about usiing it for more than feeling good/celebrating something. i wana be more tolerant of people and just a nicer guy in general.

17. alright, don't everyone jump on me and negative rep me or watever, but ima have to raise my bullshit flag here....

18. just another reason why we should legalize it

19. im with ya on that one

even though it is a terrific medicine i think this is a huge stretch

20. It really is amazing the difference one decision can make. Waking up 5 mintues before your alarm goes off, or hitting the snooze button for example can turn into a life or death difference if it causes you to avoid a fatal car crash because the car you would have hit was there 5 minutes before or after you were there, so you were unable to hit it. Weed has made alot of differnces in my life, differences I never could have imagined on a spring day nearly 7 years ago when I first tried it. It has made me think about things in ways I never otherwise could have. It has given me new friends and great times just sitting back and enjoying being high: the feeling of a body high, laughing from being high, and just hanging out and enjoying good times with friends. It has made me realize that what you are told about something is not necessarily the truth, no matter how many people say it is true, and to be more open minded. I dont plan on quitting weed anytime soon, but it is impossible to know what the future will bring. If I ever do quit, the memories of great times will last a lifetime and they will be ones I will never want to lose. The benefits of being more open minded and thinking differently will help me even if I reach a point in my life where I never smoke again. I also think it has kept me off hard drugs, because when I started I made a promise to myself that i would never do anything else to avoid a "slippery slope" where I kept telling myself while I did that drug, so why not move on to the next drug, in a continous cycle that could have had me eventually on something like meth or whatever. This is a promise to myself that I am proud to say I have kept. For all these things I am so glad I made the decision I did almost 7 years ago.