Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed preventing weight gain?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Espinho, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. just cuz I barely post doesn't make it a new account, believe what u want lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Lol wtf I had an account before this.

New account, post disregarded because I live on this site.

4. To answer your question eating more and working out will not make you gain weight. That's the opposite of what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. So much ridiculous diet and weight gain/loss info in here.

Your body has a maintenance calories. If you eat that you stay the same weight. If you eat more you gain weight. If you eat less you lose weight.

If you lift weights, eat less than maintenance, and hit your protein minimum (which is a little less than 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass for most people), you will lose fat

if you lift weights, eat over maintenance, and hit your protein minimum, you will gain weight in the form of muscle.

Weed has nothing to do with it. If for whatever reason it speeds up metabolism, that would only increase your maintenance, meaning you'd need to eat more to gain weight or maintain weight. 

6. breakfast smoothies with oats, hemp seeds, a banana, some milk, some protein powder and frozen mixed berries is all you need :) just kidding but its a good habit to get into each morning 

7. Weed speeds up metabolism if your constantly stressing or anxious whilst high a lot more than when your sober

8. Weed can mess with your eating habits so over time you might be eating considerably less and not even realize it. Force yourself to eat 3000 calories a day and I guarantee you will gain some weight.

9. ive been losing a ton of weight from smoking weed and eating less.. now, i smoke more and eat twice as much of food.. i guess my body is changing its ways lol.. 

10. I experienced this with myself dude. I'm skinny as well but I've been on a bulking diet. What I believe happens is that smoking weed speeds up your heart rate and therefore more calories are burned.

11. weed is not a stimulant, it does not speed your heart rate

12. so much fail...lots of new accounts posting pure propaganda.

heart rate increase is slight, and it is ONE SMALL FUCKING MUSCLE MASS...it won't burn a few thousand calories more a day and make you lose weight...

POT DOES NOT INCREASE METABOLISM...it is not meth/speed...

if you get high and FORGET to eat then maybe you shouldn't get high...

any of you anti mj zealots or dea agents wish to show your proof that pot has the same effects as amphetamines....without using fallacies and lies?

<crickets>

ya, we thought so...

13. i have gained 1 kg in 2 years.. always woundered if it was to do with cannabis

true......metabolism is body wide increase in fuel AND o2 consumption...not just a few beats more of the heart caused by some pleasing moment, like a puff of herb or a girl rubbing your...shoulders.

15. I don't think cannabis factors in to weight gain or loss much at all. In my personal experience, I've gained 20+ pounds whilst getting high all the time and sitting around a lot, and I've also lost pounds whilst doing the same, only not eating for free/snack food (so probably just eating less).

16. #36 smokinbudzzz, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    Eat more food and you will gain the weight back. Post what you eat on a normal day. Its like when people say exercising in the morning will speed up your metabolism all day long, which is false. After your done working out your heart rate returns to normal lol. While your high you might burn 1 or 2 extra calories or something im not too sure. Remember running for 1 hour will only burn about 300-350 calories depending on sex and weight. Sitting on your ass smoking weed isnt going to burn calories lol. 

17. 6'5 150lbs~ As of 3 minutes ago.
    I've never been negatively or positively been effected by weed in regards to my weight. I've been the same weight for roughly 2 years, on an average diet - good, healthy, homemade food, alongside junk food.

I did little to no exercise between the age of 17 - 19, just smoked loads of weed. Never gained or lost a noticable amount in that time.

Now I work out 3 times a week and eat a similar diet, just high in protein. I'm gaining, slowly but surely.

Weed isn't messing you up, you just have to put the work in to gain.

18. don't you have anything better to do cball?? A significant other, friends, some other hobby than coming on the forums and trying to unravel this conspiracy of new accounts and people posting bs stories at the end of the day who the fuck cares?? ONLY YOU...u fart stain

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Google the 12 labors diet OP! You want to gain weight, let a pro show you what it takes to build muscle. Lean proteins. And tons of it. Anyone that tells you that carbs are the ticket is full of shit... literally. Because that doesn't build muscle, it fuels it. Want to get rid of shit? East fiber with your protein. Lol

20. Uh oh call. I think you got a fan!

You obviously care! Take a look at what he's pointing out dude. All new accounts with less than 100 posts. All backed and supported by new accounts, the majority have a shit ton of stupid filler posts in a short time... then come out with an outlandish claim. If they are legit they'll blow it off. If not they'll fuck off. The question is, why do you seem to care so much? You a cop? lol.... let the man work. He ain't fucking with you, so why are you fucking with him?