Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Paranoia......does It Fade Away As You Smoke More?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by johncoo6, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Occasionally throughout the day after smoking I would notice certain things would obsess in my mind that usually wouldn't bother me. And when I'm really high I focus on like my body temperature why am I so hot oh my heartbeat is fast....stuff like that. The most I can smoke right now is like half a joint otherwise I'm really gone lol. I would just like to know maybe if it doesn't go away are there techniques to deal with the anxiety?

2. #2 Jingo Dookstain, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    I've never really experienced anxiety, but have you tried keeping yourself busy?

Playing a videogame, browsing the web? Stuff that invests your thought process?

Also, if you recently started smoking, then it's normal to not be able to finish a joint. Try smoking a bit less next time, it's no contest lol. Maybe progressively increase your high while taking short breaks between your smoke sessions, just to gauge where your limit of comfort is.

Edit: What I mean by "progressively increasing your high"  is just to take one or two normal hits and wait a few minutes to see how you feel, and so on.

3. Firstly, good advice above with the progressive increase, that's definitely the good way to go. If you're smoking with friends etc don't see it as a competition about who can smoke the most its all about enjoying the process and the high. if your blazed off half a joint that's awesome, save you a ton of money! :)  :metal:

Do you get the paranoia alone? or with friends also? i think once you've smoked for a while longer you'll learn how to handle the high as your tolerance builds and you'll just be chill. I use to get crazy trips and freak out back when i was 15-16 if i smoked to much now i can sit toking all day/night at the weekends and just be chill until i pass out  :smoking:

4. If you're getting some paranoia with a half joint, I agree, back off. 

Yes, depending on the strain especially, it's very normal to experience what may be paranoia or anxiety. The best way to deal with this is the same way to deal with most anxiety, distract it or talk yourself out of/away from it. 

If you're in a medical state, smoking a CBD rich strain instead, before or with will definitely help! If not, cut back, and just keep reminding yourself that you're stoned, and if you get a little worked up, just laugh it off and try to remember what you were supposed to be doing ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sounds like you may be smoking a sativa rich strain. Try an Indica strain

6. boring, LOL! 

7. you have a low tolerance. this is not a bad thing

take a couple hits and wait a while, see how you feel

repeat as needed

Having something else to focus on while I'm high, besides the inside of my head, helps a *lot*. I am usually laying in my bed when I'm high, so I listen to music.

Or you could try indica or something a little lower in THC and higher in CBD. 

I'm OCD, I don't smoke sativa except socially. Sativas and high-THC stuff will just wack me out and make me feel paranoid and even more OCD if I'm by myself. If I'm with others and socializing, it's okay. I take body focused meds when I'm by myself.

Having something else to focus on while I'm high, besides the inside of my head, helps a *lot*. I am usually laying in my bed when I'm high, so I listen to music.

Or you could try indica or something a little lower in THC and higher in CBD. 

I'm OCD, I don't smoke sativa except socially. Sativas and high-THC stuff will just wack me out and make me feel paranoid and even more OCD if I'm by myself. If I'm with others and socializing, it's okay. I take body meds when I'm by myself.

10. Yeah I find it does lessen over time but the right strain and scenario could still get me in a paranoia fit even with a high tolerance.

11. Laugh at it or ignore it. It's just because you are high thats all.

12. Most weed paranoia is about... weed

"Someone is going to smell it"
    "People know I'm high"
    "OMG I took too much and I'm going to die"

Eventually you get over it.

13. Back when I started smoking half a joint would have gotten me high 3 or 4 times.....slow down

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. #14 BloodBooger, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    Waynec and Old school have it right. The paranoia (which doesnt last that long anyway does it,..maybe 30 minutes max?) is going to most always be there with certain strains or hybrids...the sativa influence or Haze imparts a type of high that begins with paranoia but then smooths itself out into a real mellow great high....the heart pounding, head rushing, mind racing, speedy type of high associated with people calling it "paranoia" is just typical of certain types of weed...swith to Indicas...those tend to be narcotic, drowsy, dreamy, pain numbing, leg jellyfying, novacaine-like stones.....the heavy sativas crank you up higher than 70s Biker crystal before allowing you to relax......I like em both...lol

15. #15 Smooth Criminal, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    It does after a long time of experience with smoking,you just won't give a shit you'll be smoking anywhere at any time.It's all just mentality.

16. Even as an experienced user, occasionally I feel some anxiety. I might worry about my job, family, relationships, etc. It can take awhile before I'm conscious of the fact that the cannabis is making me anxious. The anxiety is not about getting busted (like when cannabis was new to me). Once I realize what's happening, I can usually shift my focus. Watching a funny show or movie works and makes me laugh.

17. I'm pretty sure weed itself doesn't make you paranoid, it's just your reaction to it and/or your setting that makes you feel that way. Like if you're smoking somewhere you shouldn't or where you could get caught, it makes sense that you'd get paranoid. Also, while weed helps most people with stress, it can also bring dormant anxieties/paranoia to the surface.

Agreed. Weed seems to enhance whatever feelings exist, which is why the anxiety can be useful. It highlights what areas of life are troubling and in need of a better game plan.