Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed outside of the US

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Valcurium, May 22, 2012.

1. Sup everyone, my name's Val and I'm an American (dude).

I'm extremely interested in culture as well as weed. So what I was hoping to do was gain the insight of tokers from all over the world and pick their brain a little (if you'd be so kind as to let me) :smoke:

Pretty much what I want to know is this:

-what country are you from?

-how is the weed in your country/how available is it? (I know where I live it is VERY plentiful and very good quality)

-How much of the population smokes? (the majority, alot, some, a few, very few)

-How much are the cannabis laws enforced?

-What are the avg prices for a G, an eighth, an ounce, etc.

Thanks! :)

2. Great post, I live in America, but i'll be sure to stay tuned for the input from others.

I can say from my many years of experience in Southeast Asia, (India, Nepal, ect..) That cannabis culture is entirely different than in America.

In the Areas around the hindu kush almost everyone smokes or uses cannabis in some form whether it's useing hemp oil for cooking, hemp for clothes, smoking for religious purposes... almost the entire population uses the plant, even though it's illegal.

Law enforcement was rare and in the mountains of India, you could pretty much take the weed with no penalties if it was within reasonable quantity.

A pound of Strong Indica dominant Kush (flower) was never more then a hundred dollars or so around were i use to stay.

and with respects to availability it grows in the floor, enough said.

3. Man you lived my dream! I would LOVE to go to the mountains of India and smoke Charas and just walk amongst fields of ganja :smoke:

4. I've been to Canada...The mounted police are a really wicked sight when you're lit and most of them could give a fuck less about you smokin' weed. I did not know previous to my visit that there was actually a law on the books in Canada about a civilian ridin' around on one of their steeds, them mounted police do not take to bribes quite like the United States Nazi patrol.:cool:

Been to Mexico too...I'm not goin' back to Mexico.:cool:

5. -what country are you from?
    United Kingdom, East Midlands, Northamptonshire, Kettering

-how is the weed in your country/how available is it? (I know where I live it is VERY plentiful and very good quality)

I can get weed any time, any place (normally) And I can chose the quality depending on how much cash I have, the good is always available though :)

A lot

Meh, it's easy to walk around the town with a blunt in one hand stoned as fuck but
    obviously if you blow a joint in a cops face you'll get fucked, I'd say it's very relaxed.

If we talking good then...

We get whats called, ten bits, £10- 0.7-1g, if you ask for an eighth thats double the price of a ten bit, double the weight sometimes if you're lucky an extra 0.1-0.2 more, an ounce is anywhere from 200-260

6. Pretty much same in Canada. Widely available, very high quality, price could be a little better ( dank o around 200) everyone pretty much smokes but there are those who are STRONGLY against it, but u get those dumbasses everywhere. Police don't usually enforce unless growing (over 6 usually) dealing or smoking in schools. Only difference i can think of is alto of kids started smoking scoots recently ( Tabaco rip with weed ontop smoked out a crackpipe water bottle bong )

7. -what country are you from?

United Kingdom, Wales.

Plentiful dank grown in the safety of the countryside.

A lot around me, university student associates

Never seen or heard anyone punished.

£10 a g.
    £35 eighth
    £180-240 per Oz

8. -what country are you from?
    Czech Republic

Ilegal.

10-20% (not daily smokers) But about 80 percent of guys from my class.

For 1g you CAN go to jail.

1g costs 10 bucks. Price goes lowers for more.

9. what country are you from?

Spain

Pretty great, good variaty

alot of people, also alot of underage

it is LEGAL to grow your own Plant ( 1 per person in a house hold), and private consumption is also legal. Pretty frikin awesome

Depends what type of good weed, usually around 10 euro for a good G.
    Got a gd friend so i can get some added on the side :hello:

10. -what country are you from?

England (London).

A lot of very high quality weed but also theirs tons of crap that I wouldn't smoke

Depends on the age group its seems a lot of people in the teenager-late 20's bracket do but that could just be my friends not really sure about older people.

From what Ive experienced it completely depends on the policeman some will just tell you to smoke at home if they see you smoking others will take you to the station and almost word for word enforce the laws

£10 a g.
    £35 eighth
    £180-240 per Oz

11. It doesn't get any better then Sitting down in the mountains with chillum packed with Charas and and canteen full of Bhang! :cool:

12. -what country are you from?
    Norway
    -how is the weed in your country/how available is it?
    It is easily available, but only shitty hash. To get good shit, you need to get contacts through friends.

-How much of the population smokes?
    I'd say there are quite few.. About 2,5k showed up for the marijuana march.

The cops don't care much about users, it is mostly the dealers. But if you are caught, it really depends... Some people get LONG prison, or others just have to pay a fine.
    G: 25
    1/8: 87,5
    OZ: 475

Met a guy on a computer forum though, he said he would hook me up with some better shit.. So with this guy, I will hopefully get good quality, for cheaper. But this is general price in Norway.

13. -what country are you from?
    Canaduh!

-how is the weed in your country/how available is it?
    Awesome you have your option between the cheap stuff and good stuff wherever you go.

-How much of the population smokes?
    At least 50% of the population has tried I believe (don't quote me on that.)

Officer: What's in this glass jar?
    Me: Some of my chron.
    Officer: Alright well dump that on the ground and carry on.

Depends the kush can get very expensive here I've seen people selling Os for $300. I get it around 220. Regs are cheap you can get Os from $100 to $200 depending on quality. Per g kush is usually, but not always $15 and regs are $10.

14. Sup. My name is not revok and I'm from Romania.
    I'm also interested in culture and of course weed. Someday I would like to just tour the world and smoke weed over some back in the days type conversations with stoners from all over the world.
    People who smoke weed around here were usually the ones that have a preference for music like rap, rock, drum n bass, and an overall open minded mentality, which was pretty rare like around 10 years ago. I would like to meet an old dude who can tell me more about who and how were people getting weed in my country in the 90's and perhaps even in the communist era.
    Over the recent years you can find more and more various and diverse types of people smoking weed but the real hype in the last 2-3 years is the legal highs. There has been practically an explosion of people who smoke that shit, mostly kids and the ones that always wanted to smoke but couldn't get weed.
    Around 2001 when I first smoked we got our weed from the fields, you could find plants growing at the countryside, and I don't think they were ruderalis cause we got really high from them. Then somebody found out about this industrial hemp growing facility in a small town at the border with Hungary and we would take trips to fill up our backpacks whit that. It was a matter of lottery because some of the plants had really low THC but some had pretty high levels of it.
    Around 2005 I started getting hold of real quality weed and that's pretty much all I've smoked since. I was in front of my friends building and he told me "don't smoke that much dude, this is really good shit" and I was like "yeah, yeah, yeah". It took me about half an hour to get home, and I live 5 minutes away.
    It was also the time when you could find out about more and more people smoking and the public perception kind of chilled down. People were no longer fearing the police as much and a lot of dealers started doing business. 10 years ago the public perception was pretty much, weed is a drug, heroin is a drug, if you smoke weed you were viewed as equal to someone who was injecting dope. That was because of the disinformation in the media and little knowledge of the general public. To this day the media calls marijuana an hallucinogenic plant but it has become more accepted and tolerated. However this explosion of legal highs consumption isn't doing much good, kids are smoking too much of that chemical shit and don't know what to expect, and they end up in hospital cause they're too fuckin dumb to take it easy. Even the police did an anti legal highs campaign with a slogan that sounded like "what's the difference between a legal high user and a cow? the cow knows what grass to consume" which was really fuckin funny. Is the police saying that I should smoke weed? :))
    A lot of that legal hype is also because in order to get hold of weed you have to know the right people, or at least to know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody.
    Marijuana is a drug of risk (which is the second degree of classification, the first being drugs of high risk, and the third - precursors) . The law states that you can do from 6 months to 2 years in prison or a fine for consumption and cultivation for own use, and 3 to 15 for trafficking. Almost all of the convictions are for people that are part of drug trafficking rings. And those guys get busted 99% of times because of snitching. They will arrest you if you get caught smoking or carrying weed but if it's your first offence and the quantity you had on yourself was small you can get away whit a fine or a suspended conviction (you get sentenced to jail but you only do that time if you get caught again violating the law). Depending on your luck you might get beaten up or threatened with harsher penalties than the ones the law state in order to give up where you got it from.
    The price for 1 gram is about 17 USD or 13.5 EUR, very few people buy high quantities at a time but I would imagine the price per gram would go down a bit.

15. #15 weedman4mayor, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
    im from Manchester in England the weeds usually pretty high quality fair bit of Amsterdam imports with the occasional homegrown but our homegrown tends to be nice sometime's get shit you pay 10 pounds for a 16th i dont buy in like the grams but id say its like 6 pound a gram for an eighth its 20 pound for an oz i usually pay 160 for mids and anything between 180 and 220 for dank wont pay more than that but i have heard of people paying up to like 240 sometimes 260 the laws not too bad round here depends on the officer ive got warnings for possession but nothing happens really until the third time you get caught anything else you wanna know message me oh and id say most of the population smoke most people are pretty open about it as well

16. thats pretty interesting, thanks for sharing man :wave:

17. #17 revok, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
    No problem man.
    Another thing that we do here when we don't have money for weed or can't get any is this brew we call ""milky". Basically there's this spot right out of town where a patch of ruderalis is growing every year naturally. So we used to fill a back pack with that shit, and let it simmer in milk for a couple of hours, and then we drank it, the shit tasted nasty as fuck, we had to mix it up with a lot of nesquick and cinnamon to make it more bearable. The effects were like taking a couple of puffs from a medium grade joint. A little chilled out and relaxed but no head buzz.
    And then one day I remember how I impressed my fellow stoners when I added a bar of butter to it after reading that THC is soluble in fat. I always wondered what was the deal with the milk but then I figured it's because of the fat, but milk has only around 3.5% fat, butter has over 60% so I dropped a bar of butter in there and my friends were yelling at me "dude, what the fuck are you doing, you're gonna make it even more gross". I told them to relax and explained. We were really high for at least 6-7 hours after we drank it. After that I also made some cannabutter and baked some brownies but the effects weren't as strong as whit the milk&butter shit.
    We still do it every now and then cause it's free. And the fun thing is alot of people know about the spot but nobody goes there to take any cause they don't know the deal with butter and it's no fun to drink that gross green shit with only milk just for a little relaxation.