Weed News App for Android

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Potimus Prime, May 31, 2011.

1. #1 Potimus Prime, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    Hey guys, I just made a marijuana culture / news application for Android, and was wondering if I could get some feedback and improvement ideas from y'all. What do you think?

Currently planned improvements:
    * Removal / change of splash screen
    * Changing white screen before interface appears to match the application and indicate a loading state

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.irunbackwards.weednews

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Just updated the app, removed the splash screen and improved the loading experience. Any input?

3. hey man, I'll download this as soon as i get 3G. ill let you know whats up!

4. Getting it now

5. make one for the ipewd please

6. iPewd? :p I can probably port this over to the iPhone next week, I'll keep you updated on that.

Mount Cannabis, Juniortoke, did you guys get a chance to check it out yet?

7. Downloading it now :)

I use LG Optimus T

8. Do the telco companies have any idea/records of which apps people run on their phones? :confused:

9. They don't specifically keep track of Joe Schmoe downloading a specific app, but they do keep details about what kinds of phones downloaded which apps, and in what geographic location.

10. I've seen a lot of people download it, but only one person has messaged me with improvement ideas!

11. Workin on it :)

I like it so far. Sort of like the PulseNews app, but for the Cannabis Culture. Will send more via IM. Good work.

12. Cheers, glad to hear you like it! Looking forward to your PM.

13. Love it! A great idea would be a widget that I can place on my front page.

14. Didn't even think about a widget, let me look into the code necessary and I'll let you know how long it'll take and when to expect an update!

15. I will most definately download this app and give feedback. I might even throw in some improvement in there.

16. well, my computer is acting a li funmy atm, so

access to an archive, of past stories, would be nice, and i forgot what else i was going to suggest, so.. Great App, looking forward to that Widget ;)

17. I currently only aggregate the news sources, but if I ran the aggregated feed through a hub on a web server, I could store and serve links to past articles. Let me think about the cost involved in doing this and get back to you, great suggestion!

I am working out some bugs in the widget, am swamped with my job right now so expect the widget in about a week or so.

18. Hey buddy... Awsome app ya got here. I downed it yesterday then ran across this thread.. Imagine that..... The creator is part of the GC fam... I LOVE IT :)

Ill post in this thread my thoughts on the app after I have used it for a few days.

Good job bro :)

19. just DL'd nd browsed through, looks like a great way to kill time in between classes nd stuff. Absolutely LOVE the loading screen too btw!!! Keep up the excellent work

20. This app is legit. Use it daily. I even read stuff on it before i see it on the news. Kudos