Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed making me stay up all night :/

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by The innovator, Jul 19, 2013.

1. For about the past year whenever I smoke at night (pretty much every night) it makes my tiredness go away and doesn't make me want to sleep like it used to. As we all know weed usually makes you REALLY tired after about 2 hours but now when I smoke (all different strains) I'll be up to 6 am just fucking around cause I don't feel sleepy anymore. Before I smoke I'll be tired but I love finishing up a day with a few bowls and some Netflix or xbox. After I smoke- nope not tired anymore let me just stay up for 4 more fucking hours. With this I also lack the motivation to get into bed since I don't feel sleepy. Eventually I force myself but it sucks. What can I do to get the sleepy feeling back again?

2. Rigorous daily activity leads to a good nights sleep. Compound that with "flogging the dolphin" right before you go to bed should put you in dreamland within minutes. But i do find it weird that smoking keeps you awake. A well packed bowl followed by a healthy assortment of munchies always KMTFU. Perhaps your xbox and netflix habits stir your brain into activity and counter-act the effects of cannabis?

3. Even when I spank the monkey I still don't get tired. I've been doing the same before bed routine for years and it used to make me tired. Even after a month t- break I still don't get tired.....fml

4. smoke so much to the point u cant move ull pass out if u only smoke a bit itll do that

5. I can't afford smoking like an eighth a night. A small amount used to put me to sleep so it's something that happened recently.

6. It could just be the strain youre smoking right now is a strong sativa. I have insomnia, so I cant tell you how to go to sleep, but I can tell you fun shit to do to keep you entertained all night.

7. It's definitely not the strain because over the past year I've smoked probably 30 different strains and all of them keep me up. 

8. Indicas and melatonin pills help me sleep. Try different methods like dabs or vaping; changing it up once in awhile gets you a different and stronger high

9. Look into Valerian Root

10. I don't have trouble sleeping it's just that weed instead of making me tired just takes away the sleepy feeling making me stay up all night. When I do get into bed I can sleep but I don't want to sleep cause I don't feel tired when smoking.

11. Maybe switchup your strain a strong dica and toke it differently, switching up my weed habits generally results in me snoring on the couch haha

12. Stop smoking sativas.

13. i have that same problem. It doesn't seem to matter what I smoke.

14. Lol flogging the dolphin..

15. Well my fellow stone then perhaps its time to;
    1 not smoke at night
    2 t break

if you do smoke at night go exersize your gonna be tired as shit like not be able to go up a stair case,

biking wight lifting jogging just going up n down stairs fuck walk to the store n get some food if you eat alot of food ur gonna be tired too

16. make sure its indica and dank

17. Smoke a little later at night and when you want to sleep hit the bowl one more time then go to sleep. Just make sure that you really want to sleep do you dot waste weed and hit it again