Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed makes me procrastinate even harder

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Aight, I came home tired after practice, toked right away. Realized now that I have a test tomorrow. It's not a huge one, but it's 9:50 right now and I haven't read a single word for tomorrow. I procrastinate hard always, but weed makes it even worse, I would have at least picked up my book by now sober. I need some help here

2. stop blaming your shit on weed and fucking get off your ass and be productive. It's all a mindset.

3. I do a big part of my daily tasks including studying while I'm high. It's not the weed buddy, it's you. Build up a work ethic. If you can't do it, then weed's not the one to blame, I'll tell you that.

4. Yeah you already said it... you're already lazy so smoking just gives you an excuse. Take responsibility

5. Smoke weed responsibly. Dont treat it like a drug and smoke every chance you get. Make sure u get all your shit done and over with before you smoke. Its not hard and when u smoke u will feel much better about everything. You dont know how many times ive fucken forgot shit or fucked up something at work JUST because i smoked when i could of just waited till i was done. Smoke Responsibly. I sound like a fucken father :mad:

6. Its just you bro you gotta actually want to do the work. I know a vast majority of people who get high and can stay occupied with work for hours. It can make you or break you, all on your choice.

7. Nah, I'm not blaming weed 100%, just saying it makes it worse. Hence the "even harder". I typically procrastinate hard anyway, but get my shit together eventually, but now I'm distracted even harder, can't focus for a second. Anyway, my bad, no offense meant

8. OP I've been a hardcore procrastinator as well lately. But I do end up getting the shit done. Now I'm working at straightening up my priorities. By all means weed will remain my number one for now though. :p but one of the problems with me though was my physical and mental health. Past few years I've been struggling to keep the bank account over zero, and my health and energy levels suffered because of it. So basically I have been so lazy, never work out, no energy, no motivation, tired all day yet can't sleep at night, malnourished, a lot of stuff that isn't too great. To take a step in the right direction I have started taking a multivitamin and omega 3 fish oil supplements. The fish oil helps restore the connections in your brain, and just makes it work overall better. People even use omega 3 as a cure for depression! Anyway, taking these supplements actually have improved my health quite a bit. I also have food to eat now too, thank you tax return! I'm even motivated enough to pit a small effort into working out every night in my room. I am done rambling haha. Kinda forgot where I was going with it.

Summary: hang in there op, I know that feel when motivation is nowhere in sight. I recommend making health and nutrition a priority. You will be very surprised how much energy it will bring you! So much energy you will consider putting your brain to work and get to studying. ALSO! Now that I have taken this fish oil, my concentration and energy has increased drastically. AND my highs feel stronger! Win win win

9. Blane your will power, which you dont seem to have much of.

10. Study high, take tests high, get high grades.

Just because you are high doesn't mean you can't do stuff. It's just YOU being lazy.

11. Get on some add meds. Adderall it's what's for breakfast.

12. Not sure why everybody is being so hard on the OP. I think we've all procrastinated before, whether it be sober or after we smoke.

I'm with ya OP, I definitely procrastinate more after I smoke...........which is why I usually try to get all my shit done before I smoke.

13. I'm trying to give him some advice, if
    You're having trouble with focusing start taking rx stimulates.

14. Make it a motivator. Only allow yourself to smoke after you're done with your shit.

15. Weed doesn't make you procrastinate. You make you procrastinate. Don't look for excuses. There are many highly motivated and successful people who smoke the herb.

16. Sorry to those of you that I offended, just felt like sharing a quick thing because I couldn't focus, and I know that being high while I try to do shit hurts my focus, just didn't find out about my test until after I was already high. Some of y'all needa chill a bit though. No need to get all on my case. Thanks to those of you who offered genuine advice. I think some of you missed pretty much all I wrote though, I explained that I toked, then found out about it, and asked for advice as far as studying while high goes, that's why I wrote "I need some help here" But yeah, didn't mean to offend anyone. I think it was a misunderstanding

17. [quote name='"CasualSmoker024"']Nah, I'm not blaming weed 100%, just saying it makes it worse. Hence the "even harder". I typically procrastinate hard anyway, but get my shit together eventually, but now I'm distracted even harder, can't focus for a second. Anyway, my bad, no offense meant[/quote]

No just no ...

18. You know what procrastination and masturbation has in common? You fuck yourself.

19. That gave me a good idea ;)