Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed makes me itch

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iDA<3 bbY, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Everytime i break up some kinds of weed..mainly kush..i always get red bumps on my arms..then i itch for like an hour...but i smoke weed i never get an allergic reaction....wtf is that...my sister said it could be from where its from

2. Alright, you've posted so many weird threads.

You can be allergic to weed, though. One of my coworkers is. It is unfortunate. :(

3. funny you mention that,

cannabis makes my pubis break out in red bumps every so often, and i get real itchy. then these crab-like creatures come out to play, and all of a sudden my doctor tells me i have AIDS (i should not have gone to that piano bar in San Francisco)

4. Use a grinder or scissors and a shotglass so your hands ain't gotta touch the bud :wave:

5. thats sucks

6. I have the cure for this. It is not as uncommon as you might think. Many, many seasoned tokers silently suffer from this ailment but there is something you can do. The order in which the cure is performed is very important. Follow the instructions below in the order listed and you should be fine:

1.) Break up bud employing whichever method works best for you.

2.) Scratch whatever itches.

3.) Smoke buds mentioned in step 1.

4.) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary.

7. no, it itches and burns and swells and explodes and bleeds and coagulates and itches and burns and swells and explodes and bleeds and coagulates and itches and burns and swells and explodes and bleeds and coagulates :(

8. I'm assuming this is a smartass sarcastic comment... but hey I like it.:cool:

9. Yeah use a grinder or pair of lil scissors. Maybe even gloves?

10. tried that.....even if i touch it a little bit i itch

11. You tried it with gloves and still itched? :confused:

12. i have a similar problem. except its with sneezing. sometimes ill pack a bowl and start sneezing uncontrollably. for like 10 minutes straight sneezing wanting to die, then it goes away and i smoke my bowl. ad its only certain bud, sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesnt.

13. pick it up with a towel, napkin or something and drop it in the grinder. its obvious you have a dermal allergy to cannabis, so just make sure you dont come into contact with it.

14. How about gloves?

15. Yeah this pretty much cures every problem. I have been smoking weed for a long time now and it's almost every day and sometimes I get itchy after I smoke. Either a bump on my arm or neck more often. It has to be some allergy or better yet a sensitivity because allergies usually fuck people up bad and I can still fucking enjoy that spliff even though i'm itchen away haha right now my neck was itching for like 2 hours and now it cooled down again.

I think it has to do something with hayfever or whatever I sneeze my ass off sometimes, ESPECIALLY in the morning it's like I wake up and BAM my nose thinks something is irritating it, sometimes I sneeze like 15x it's so retarded. Can't go anywhere without tissues haha

The thing is I think some kind of medicin against hayfever helps but I cant say that for sure cause I might be allergic to something else I never bothered getting it checked out cause i'm not dying or whatever, still enjoying my greens like any other.

Should try not touching it but i'm pretty sure smoking weed triggers is I can almost taste the itchyness in my mouth. xD

I hope we can all one day smoke weed, not worry about leaky noses, itchy eyes like a mother fucker forgot to mention that, itchy spots where ever the fuck they may be and legalize weed so it can boost the whole fucking economy and make everyones lives so much greener but not money wise and let us all be able to buy our hearbs that we love so much.

16. It does happen!

Allergy to Marihuana (abst - 1971)
    Allergy to Marihuana

Occupational immediate type allergy to hemp pollen and hashish (abst – 1980)
    [Occupational immediate type allergy to he... [Derm Beruf Umwelt. 1980] - PubMed - NCBI

Allergic Skin Test Reactivity to Marijuana in the Southwest (full - 1983)
    Allergic Skin Test Reactivity to Marijuana in the Southwest

Allergenic properties of naturally occurring cannabinoids. (abst - 1983)
    Allergenic properties of naturally occurring can... [J Pharm Sci. 1983] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabis (hemp) positive skin tests and respiratory symptoms (abst - 2000)
    Cannabis (hemp) positive skin tes... [Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Allergic rhinoconjunctivitis caused by Cannabis sativa pollen (full - 2007)
    http://www.jiaci.org/issues/vol18issue1/13-17.pdf

Cannabaceae Pollen in the Atmosphere of Brianza, Northen Italy. (abst – 2007)
    Cannabaceae Pollen in the Atmosphere of Brianza, Northen Italy. - Medical Journals - Healia

Sensitization and Allergy to Cannabis sativa Leaves in a Population of Tomato Sensitized Patients. (abst - 2008) Sensitization and Allergy to Cannabis sativa Leaves in a Population of Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum)-Sensitized Patients.

Allergic hypersensitivity to cannabis in patients with allergy and illicit drug users.
    (full – 2011) http://www.elsevier.es/sites/default/files/elsevier/eop/S0301-0546(10)00287-9.pdf

IgE-Mediated Hypersensitivity Reactions to Cannabis in Laboratory Personnel.
    (abst – 2011) IgE-mediated hypersensitivity react... [Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
    Molecular allergology in practice: an unusual case of LTP allergy. (abst – 2011)
    Molecular allergology in practi... [Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

17. So they have pills that quiet the symptoms? :O might have to visit my doc soon then.

18. Yes, I have a pretty severe reaction. It's very possible to develop an allergy. Luckily, it doesn't seem very common. I itch and feel sick for days after smoking just one bowl. Also, it stuffs me up so bad that I feel like I can't breathe:(

19. dude ive been sober for 1 week and still get the itchy red bumb,XO

can it be the detergent from your cloths or ,bed bugs or fleas? im not smoking again if im allergic :< or ill try editables

20. I have the same problem - my arms itches along the vein.  
    I am going to stay away from kush and see if that is the culprit.