Weed makes me in a depressed mood

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nick04, Mar 7, 2008.

1. That is true. Weed does mess some people up more than others. I know some guys who can smoke and lay their game on a girl. I have been smoking with people like that and wondered how in the hell they did it because spitting game is the last thing I want to do while high.

I think it all comes down to different factors. First, I think that people get this way because of hormonal imbalances since weed is known to increase dopamine production. I think the pharmaceutical companies are trying to figure out what role dopamine actually plays in the brain. You would think with all their monopolized funding that they would have something by now.

Another thing I think comes into play is mental disorders. I suffered PTSD as a child from growing up in churches where the preacher told me that I was going to hell and I believed it and it really messed me up.
    I also have high functioning autism or Asberger's some call it.

Oh and like the post said before, I think that mood also plays a role in your high but I do not think its the only factor that comes into play.

2. I'm a bit late but since this issue comes up a lot I'll just give my thoughts.. and I completely agree with some peoples opinions as to why you feel depress when you smoke.

"Its not the weed, it's just you"

why am I saying that? because its true. If you're paranoid or worried when you smoke then, whatever problem you have will come back to haunt you until you help/fix yourself. If you're happy and carefree you're going to have a good time no doubt. It's just all in the mind... get your problems straighten out and feel good about yourself then go back to smoking.

3. Find a way to love yourself, man. Don't focus on the weed. Focus on yourself. You have all of the answers, you just need to realize it.

4. shitty/mediocre weed makes me depressed
    chronic makes me feel like a spiritual god
    step up your stash!

5. Hey guys,

I've recently had similar experiences getting high. I wanted to post here in case anyone checks this topic out and feels like the only one.

I haven't smoked very much, maybe 50 times in my whole life. I generally have a really intense reaction to it, especially when I first started. Most times in the beginning weren't even fun, like borderline passing out and my consciousness on the brink. Horrible. I only did it once a year and remembered why I couldn't do it.

But a few months ago, it became generally super enjoyable, relaxing, mind-expanding, etc. I began to enjoy it and look forward to it. I wrote music while high, listened to music high, laughed with friends, watched amazing movies, even read books, etc.

But really recently, I've had intense - and I mean intense - paranoia, depression, and self-criticism when I get high. It's a real nightmare.

It's like having someone next to me saying, "You're fat and disgusting. You are a loser. You're too poor and pathetic. Your work is mediocre at best. The women you've dated were a fluke, you just got lucky. You're an asshole to all your friends, and they all just put up with you out of guilt." Etc., etc. The whole time I'm stoned, this horrible negative voice, turning everything into something negative against myself. The worst part is, the voice says "This is reality - you're always a loser, but sober you just can't see it." And it even spills over into the next day - a general feeling of depression and hopelessness. I never cry over emotional things - but this makes me want to start bawling and just give up. It truly is horrible.

It's been the last ten times maybe. I've tried different weed, switched from blunt to bong, etc. I can be in a great positive state of mind before hand. I actually feel great about most aspects of my life. I have a history of suffering from depression and self-criticism, but I feel like it really hasn't been a part of my life, and weed just brings it out .

I'm only posting this because it's even more frustrating to have a sense of being totally alone, or feeling like there's something wrong with me. Everyone seems to enjoy weed, and say it's just great, only positives, you can't overdose, etc. But that hasn't been my experience at all. I've overdosed plenty, thrown up, felt like I was going to die, and recently like I want to just kill myself - and the effects last the next few days.

I've had experiences that are beyond awesome, even changing my experience of certain things like music forever. But there have been studies on weed creating psychosis, and depression, and I'll tell you what, the cause and effect couldn't be more clear. The insidious part is that it really convinces me that I am just seeing clearly and now I am just aware at how awful life is, and how pointless, and how horrible I am etc.

Anyway, you're not alone if you've had these experiences. I'm going to try and just stop altogether, which kind of sucks because I enjoyed things about it. Good luck.

6. I'm feeling this way too. Like, it scares me. I almost re-live my life, it's fucked up. I don't know if I need to try a different strain or quit for awhile. I had stopped for a couple weeks cause I was dry but it didn't do anything.

7. How's that workin out for you lol?