Weed makes me in a depressed mood

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nick04, Mar 7, 2008.

1. No don't worry, you're not the only one. you said even after waiting a year, you still had a bad experience? Maybe weed's just not for you, i don't know. Or maybe try smoking less, take a puff or two to relax, and see if that brings about any anxiety.

But i know exactly what you mean. A lot of times when i'm smoking with people, it makes me over-analyze everyyyything. And i get self conscious about how i look, how i'm acting, everything i say, what i'm wearing, etc. That's not enjoyable at all.

If it's gotten to the point where you're not enjoying it at all anymore, why make yourself suffer? Try a new (relaxing) environment, a new kind of bud, smoke only with close friends, or whatever, but if nothing works, I'd say it's time to think about why you're even smoking it anymore.

2. it seems like when im high everyone around me seems happier. or it might just be that im high and i think everyone is happy?

3. i get the same feeling sometimes i find it justs my mood the day i get it (usually sundays ill blaze and feel all depressed and just like :( threwout the day)

4. this happens to me sometimes but just usually when im in public

5. I always end up smoking twice the amount when i'm sad, even though I know I shouldnt because some reason it makes me worse. normally it makes me in the best mood in the world, haha

sometimes it's not depressed it's just that your shattered lol, take a nap and wake up in an hour if you're like me you'll still be high- but refreshed and awake :)

6. off topic: have you noticed there are nearly 4,500 views and only 24 replies in this thread? could be the stigma...

7. I think many times it's the type of weed we're getting. The old imported stuff didn't make you feel depressed, in fact it made you feel very happy. Something is missing in these domestic strains. It was very rare to have sadness, depression, paranoia, etc., from weed in the 1960's through 1980's, because it was grown properly in the earth, by growers who had been doing this way for generations.

8. I can sense a troll... any person who respected and smoked bud responsibly wouldnt tell anyone to "quit before it fucks you". Most people who don't smoke consider people who do to be lazy, failures in school and work, fuck up in life as well, and have a real hard time quitting. It's not like that at all...everyone on here knows it too.. so stop posting bullshit.

9. It could quite possibly be the weed im smoking. I don't think it's the whole "if you're sad to begin with then the weed can make you lower" deal, because I was having a really good time and the weed ruined it all. But yeah i totally know what you mean by making myself suffer. I don't wanna smoke weed anymore, i guess it's just that it was apart of who i was for so long that i keep telling myself to try it out again to see if anything has changed. I've probably tried way too much now.

10. Ive smoked everyday since i was 15. Im now 19, and weed has just started to effect me in a really negative way. I would always kind of get self conscious and all that, but it never bothered me cause id either be with close friends or by my self. But lately it had been making social situations un barable, i would get super anxiety, and even get depressed.

for me weed had started holding back and having a bad effect on the OVERALL outcome of my life. Im now 9 days without smoking and feel great, i feel confident.

I think this only happens from smoking on a daily bases/smoking all day. try smoking at night or just on the weekends or something, or give it up completely (yea sounds like blasphemy) but if thats whats happening weed might not have the right effect on you.

11. #31 TheSpaceMan, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
    I'm just gonna stop smoking

12. Those are the exact same things i think. I've been smoking for about 3 years. And Now it just seems that my highs aren't enjoyable anymore. I just get stuck thinking about myself and what others think of me.

13. Fuck being self conscious. you need positive vibrations when your blazed. get your friends to put some good chill music on, and just have a laugh. honestly, these kind of problems stop so many people from smoking, even if people we're staring at you or something you shouldnt give a flying f**k, its none of anyone elses business what ur up to. :)

Or maybe stop smoking with groups/outdoors, smoke inside with a friend or 2 or on your own,watch tv, you cant really be self conscious in your own home or with a close friend.

14. word.

the ppl with 1 posts are most likely trolls

15. #35 TheReckoningDay, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    OP you think too much...Stop mindreading, I never understood why people cared so much about other peoples thoughts and feelings.

Be you.

Stick with your buddies, toke and whogivesafuck!

16. I know exactly how you feel, I've been smoking everyday for about 3 years now, it used to fun (really happy mood, laughing, content with life) but now my whole perception on life is changing day by day. Now when I'm high it feels like life is a movie and I'm just watching. I feel like a complete loser, very self conscious and depressed, I just sit in class with a droopy facial expression looking down, listening to all the conversations around me over-analyzing everything in a negative way.. Sometimes it seems like there's no point in living because I'm just another meaningless human being on this big blue and green ball..... I've tried quitting but I just can't, even tho it makes me depressed I just can't stop :(

17. I used to smoke and had very bad experiences from the start. I became less social and quite frankly retarded. I thought it was my tolerance but smoking all day for 3 months with the same effect proved that wrong.

I really kind of quit and took up drinking for 5 years. Then some of my friends reintroduced me to weed but this time we went on adventures after smoking. We would take trails through the middle of the woods in the middle of the night in the deep country. This made smoking enjoyable but my paranoia kicked in on these trips and I started getting scared of going out at night.

I took a few months off from smoking and tried again but it just seems to get worse. I have gotten over the panicky feelings to be left with feelings of remorse, guilt, and here lately when I smoke I have these feelings that have been repressed from childhood (not good feelings btw).

I personally think that it is depression but I am scared that I am a paranoid schizophrenic and weed intensifies the early signs. It really scares me.

One thing that has helped me quit is taking herbal supplements. I take DHEA and it helps build my confidence back.

18. It's called "dysporia". A lot of drugs that cause euphoria can easily cause the opposite.

19. I wonder what causes the depressed "disphoric" mood. I can say personally that my high tends to hold the same theme as my current life situation.

When I was partying I could smoke and have fun with friends.

Now I am married with a kid and no job, my high really sucks and I feel like a failure just for smoking weed.

20. for him, and for many others, it is like that. what you are saying is no more valid than what he said.

for some people, weed really fucks up their life. for some, it doesn't. consider yourself fortunate (or perhaps disciplined in moderation)