Weed makes me in a depressed mood

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nick04, Mar 7, 2008.

1. I've been smokin for about 1 and a half years. I used to actually get "high" and have a good time, but now after I smoke I just feel VERY self-conscious and I always look down and I never talk. Im considering quitting, but I dont really wanna because its just so fun to smoke with friends. Anyone else have the same problem?

2. I definitely know what you mean, sometimes when I'm stoned I do get extremely self conscious as well, which makes it not enjoyable at all. The only real solution is to take a break for a while. Why pay money for something that's not even making you feel good? Take a little break and then try smoking again, see if that helps. :)

3. The opposite has happened to me. I get in an enlightened mood every time i blaze now. I used to get red eyes giggles back massaging its self all that good stuff. Now it just enhances my senses and makes me feel good. It also helps my super active mind relax before bed and makes me have great dreams. If i could pick anytime to smoke it would be before bed or on a rainy day when i have nothing to do a good wake and bake.

4. Sometimes i wonder what others think of me, and other things in my life, call it self-consciousness, call it what you will. It's like being more aware of other's consciousnesses and how they see their surroundings and their world. Take this and their perspectives of everything to not negatively look upon yourself, but try seeing the world through their eyes.

5. absolutely.. i feel self conscious but i also am curious to know how my presence effects others.. I feel as if, suppose im in a class room and i hear random chatter, that some of the chatter is offending me somehow.. but if i wasnt high then that wouldnt even be present in my mind. its weird, when i talk to someone and im blazed out of the gourde, ill just be worryd they'll realize im high, its pretty stupid

i think it will pass, also stay in shape, lift wieghts and run, that way you can stay n feel somewhat healthy while still geting high

6. Could be the weed your puffin on. I know some make you happy and others can make you depressed. I know what your saying though, I've been in the same place. The more I smoke either the more relaxed I feel, or the more paranoid I get. Smoking in sketchy places can make you depressed and paranoid too.

Are you smoking alone? When I smoke alone I tend to think about myself alot, but when other people are around (during or after) my friends help my high become fun

7. Ahh I know exactly what you mean. Depending on the situation, who i'm with, im either really happy and in synergy with the group or really self conscious. If im with my good friends, it's great but if im with people I dont really know, I feel like I have to act a certain

way or say certain things, it's like i'd beleive everything I say is stupid. However when I'd smoke alone, I'd never experience paranoia. I quit smoking for six months as I moved to Belgium to attend college here and didn't really have good

connections. Six months is a long time without smoking so I just started making trips to adam (Amsterdam is only 3 hours away) and now I realize that it really doesn't matter, just be yourself and if they don't like you the way you are, just don't be with them.

My advice would be to just take a break, you may just get a new outlook on things.

Oh yeah, the guy who introduced me to buds quit smoking for this reason, he'd think he was stupid when he smoked. The thing is he's actually a really smart guy and I respect him. But yeah, why pay for something that you don't enjoy??

8. #8 ArtistNotFound, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
    I completely know what you mean, because I go through it every day. Weed made me self conscious about my body image.

For the past while now I've been feeling pretty unattractive. My hair gets in a curly mess, I'm overweight (I'm 165, but I should be 145) I have acne on my chin and chest, and I have fairly pale skin. I feel like I'm a cartoon character when I'm high, and I think about these things all the time.

But, what I'm gonna do about that is not stop smoking, or take a break. I'm taking the direct approach. What I'm gonna do, and what I've begun to do at this point, is start the process of reshaping how I feel about myself. Just give myself a complete overhaul. I've been going to the gym more, thinking about my eating habits, I've been using a good acne cream, I've been trying to get some more time out doors, I've even been doing some shaving so I can get a bit of a beard comin in.

Its gonna take a little while, but my goal for the end of the year is to weigh 145 pounds by christmas, my acne cleared up a bit, and to have something of a beard.

my advice to you is this; think about what makes you feel self conscious, and just start to change your look and feel about yourself, and really soon.

As a matter of fact, I'm actually a little glad I became self conscious, cause now I'm taking the steps to look and feel better about myself. Hell, I may even get a girl by the end of the year if I'm lucky.

9. well sometimes i get a similar feeling when i just ask myself how other ppl see me and what they think of me but that usually doesn't happen when i smoke with ppl that i know well. and sometimes i also have these very very weird thoughts when i ask myself weird questions like: do ppl see me different than i see myself in the mirror?, or even weirder: do ppl see colours in a different way that i do? (only on those retarted stoned times :D)

10. yeah i get worried that i look stupid sometimes, because of red-eye.

I solve this by wearing dark sunglasses, try it, it works.

Unless its like 11 pm, in which case its dark anyway.

Besides, remember that everyone else is high and nobody cares if you look out of it.

11. Dude when i smoke mids i tend to feel like crap.negative feelings fly around and i feel dead afterwards. But when i smoke something like kush, its the opposite. I Only buy quality bud now.

12. + rep.

13. you should take a break. how is feeling self-conscious, always looking at the ground and never talking fun? Yet you say that you have so much fun when you are with your friends. Just chill with you bros and don't smoke.

14. I get depressed when I first start coming down from my high.

When I'm first coming down all these negative thoughts start rushing through my head, "Why did I waste money on weed again, I should be saving/paying my bills....I could have been doing so many more productive things than just getting high.....I'm a fucking loser......fuck my life....."

That lasts for like 15 minutes, then I just feel extremely motivated like "Fuck that I'm going to prove myself and everybody else wrong and do something productive."

15. i get put into a great perspective when im high. i notice everything thats happening right now doesnt matter, that in 10 years im not going to even remember half this shit. lol, but who knows if im actually gunna make it that long? see? this is the attitude i have sober.

take a break man, take a month off from smoking and just relax with it. relax your status and try to have fun without it

16. Dude i feel ya you need to start smoking by yourself i always judge myself around other people but when im by myself smokin i just lay back and have a good ass high....until i adopted the fuck it attitude and i could care less about what ppl think

17. i smoked bud for about 4 years i started when i was about 13 or 14 and i loved it couldnt get enough of it. but then it started making be very paranoid. i think if was when i was 17 and i'd just left college. i failed most of my exams and didnt get the job i wanted. after that point when i smoked weed with my mates i always started to thinking about my life and how shit it was n how much ive fucked up. it used to get me rele down so i stopped smokin. now i got a really good job i work out a lot so im fit just booked up 2 weeks in IBIZA yea baby still young (20) loving life, so i fort why not spark up a zoot. but u no what. it still makes me paranoid. quit before it fucks u

18. The majority of the time when I used to smoke I would get paranoid around my friends in the usual self-conscious way. But that was a big part of my personality in high school and the year or two after. Once I moved 2,000 miles away from home to Arizona for school, I started to find myself and become confident. Now I can't wait to smoke and see what happens. Next week I'll find out.

19. I've stopped smoking up for the last week. I'm stopping for a couple weeks in general due to the depressing thoughts of how much money I've spent on weed. I haven't had a job lately and I just feel like I'm not helping myself. Plus, tolerence is a bitch... So weed does make me a little depressed. I wish it were free and legal :eek: :(

20. I started smoking weed when i was about 15 and smoked everyday all day. It made me feel great, i laughed a lot, and was really happy. When i turned 18 that all changed for the worst. I now get extremely self-conscious when i smoke weed. It's like a nightmare each time. The people around me start to look and act reallly dumb, it's like my whole view point changes towards everyone around me. I start to over analyze everything that is said, and anything i do. I waited about a year or longer and tried it again and it was still the same. i recently tried it again, and it's still a terrible experience. I'm just curious to see if i'm the only one who has this intense depression/anxiety when smoking pot.