Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed makes me cough more than Cigarettes?!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tox1C420, Dec 3, 2009.

1. #1 Tox1C420, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    How come I can smoke a full cigarette and not cough once but the moment I take a bong rip I'm coughing like crazy? Isn't it suppose to be the other way around since Cigarettes have so many chemicals and bad shit in it.

2. because youre inhaling more smoker deeper in your lungs and holding it in

3. well a bong hit is completely different from a drag on a cigarette, much more smoke you hold in your lungs at once.

4. I usually smoke a pack of reds to warm myself up for a fat bong rip. :p

5. And the THC causes your throat to contract, I think. It has something to do with the THC because you can still cough up a lung with a vaporizer.

6. there is more smoke volume when you smoke a bong..just take smaller rips if its a big problem for you.

7. I thought this post was a joke when i first saw it lol. Who coughs off a cigarette that smokes except for teens trying to be cool. Of course smoking a bong is going to make you cough more than a cigarette its weed not tobacco.

8. "Marijuana contains THC. THC is a bronchial dilator, which means it works like a cough drop and opens up your lungs, which aids clearance of smoke and dirt. Nicotine does just the opposite; it makes your lungs bunch up and makes it harder to cough anything up." - Quoted from abovetheignorance

9. I smoked weed way before cigarrets and I found myself asking the same question just backwards. I think it is just what you are used to. I could chief a blunt no problem but when I tried to inhale cigarette smoke I coughed like a child. But yeah also as they said before, it is a bong... try packing a fat bowl of tobaccy and see how that treats you, jk

10. depends on what ur used to. i can rip a bong fuckin hard and not cough, but u give me a cigarette or a cigar and i will def cough from the harshness of it