Weed Losing The Magic

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Thejourney318, Feb 21, 2014.

1. #1 Thejourney318, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    Idk man. I've been smoking heavier than I've ever smoked in my life, multiple times a day for months now. It just feels...mundane now. I mean, I'm actually getting the best weed I've ever gotten as well consistently. Real dank. It's not really a tolerance issue, I'm getting high and all. It's just gotten to a point where it doesn't even seem that much different, though in actuality I am high. I bought some with a friend from work the other day, who smokes but doesn't much at all. And he was so excited to be getting weed. It was crazy to me. Weed is like nothing now. I smoke it all the time.

I mean, I'm still smoking every day, so what does that tell you? I'd still rather smoke than not. It's better than sobriety, I think, just...not really that much different I guess. Idk how to explain it. Just like I said, feels so mundane and normal now. Other people have this experience? Renew the old enthusiasm?

2. Nothing you can do about it, sorry :confused_2:

3. Don't make your life about weed. Problem solved.

4. This....also taking a break for awhile might help

5. Moderation is the key. Being high is just normal for you now lol

6. I haven't smoked in 8 months. give it a break.

7. quit.

you have to enjoy life to enjoy your herb, sounds like you do not enjoy your life...fix it first, then return and use in moderation if you want to.

8. #8 LSDForPeace, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    Been there. Take a break dude..like anything in life, overdoing it will make it lose it's touch. 

9. Ive also been going through this lately. Ive been getting some of the better buds that I ever have but they just dont seem to be making me feel any different than I normally do. This weekend I smoked through a whole quarter ounce by myself just because I was looking for something that wasnt there. I think Im going to take a 4-5 month break.

10. I started smoking the way you are about three months ago - multiple times a day every day. At first it was a dream come true, but sure enough the "magic" started to dull to the point where I would need to smoke two or three joints just to feel anything, and even when I did get noticeably high, it wasn't very pleasant at all; in fact it was kind of a shitty feeling.

After months of my body begging me to stop, I caught Strep Throat, which I'm in the middle of getting over now. In a way, I'm actually thankful for it, because it forced me to stop and give my lungs and throat a chance to heal, and I'm getting a nice T-break out of it as a bonus. When I do light up again, I'm definitely going to scale it back to only once or twice a week - perhaps less.

I think everybody goes through this phase to a certain extent. You're like a kid in a candy store, finally realizing all the fantasies you've had about getting baked 24/7. But trust me, the best way to enjoy that ganja is in moderation. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. ^^^

I enjoy life more sober these days. Having my full clarity so to speak...

12. Yea I been smoking daily since like September only dank. I do feel high but it's like just me now. I really don't know how I am when I'm sober for a long period of time anymore hahahaha. Rather be high anyway tho

13. seems to me the obvious solution would be to take a break? i'm not talking a 1 or 2 week break - i'm talking a good, nice 6 month break. trust me, when that 6 months is up the magic shall return.

14. Being high all day every day makes me feel so sluggish and burnt out.

I like smoking at just night or once around noon then before bed. Or when I'm doing something outside or going somewhere cool. I hate sitting at home in a fog all day.

Try smoking less.

nothing wrong with that at all. :metal:

Half the time I hit the beech I prefer to be sober..some times do I like to walk along and have a puff...all depends on the mood (and strain :smoking: )

16. i find even a day or 2 without smoking brings back that fun and excitement everything gets boring if you do it all the time man shit even blow jobs gonna get bit boring if you get them all day everyday. just dont smoke for few days and sink some brews, youll be lappin that shit up in no time

17. Just take a break mang. 

18. Funny its the opposite for me. I've ate lots of shrooms I think is the cause but every time I smoke weed I get flashbacks or something. Too much paranoia and too intense. Too crazy. Maybe I need a long break from both drugs.

19. I think i have hit that wall to op. oh well time for a long t break